XXIII. Bad Moon Rising (Part II)

The three of them walked by the nearby river and stepped behind some trees. Holly and Dean stopped. Holly frowned. "Sammy. I think I know what Meg meant by Sunrise. D?"

Dean nodded. "Yeah. Definitely."

Sam looked to where his siblings were looking and noticed an apartment building. Sunrise Apartments.

"Son of a bitch." Dean muttered. "That's pretty smart. I mean, if these demons can possess people, they can possess almost anybody inside."

Sam nodded. "Yeah, and make anybody attack us."

"And so we can't kill them--a building full of human shields."

"They probably know exactly what we look like, too. And they could look like anybody."

Holly let out a frustrated sigh. "Well this majorly sucks."

Sam replied, "Tell me about it. Alright, so, how the hell are we going to get in?"

Dean looked at the building before saying, "Pull the fire alarm, get out all the civilians."

"Okay, but then the city responds in, what, seven minutes?"

"Seven minutes exactly." Holly confirmed.

Sam went inside, and shortly, the fire alarm was pulled. Dean and Holly were standing outside. Since they didn't look super alike, Holly had decided they'd be a couple. Just for the sake of selling the story.

People started exiting the apartment and firemen arrived. Dean and Holly walked up to one of them. "Hey, what's happening? Is it a fire?" Dean asked.

The fireman turned to him. "We're figuring that out right now, sir. Just stay back." The fireman moved Dean away, and he took his sister's hand.

Holly pretended to look worried. "Sir, we've got a Yorkie upstairs and he pees when he's nervous..."

Dean started to go towards the apartment and the fireman said, "Sir, you have to stay back."

Sam, meanwhile, moved behind him siblings to the fire truck. He found a compartment and picked the lock.

The three of them changed into fireman gear. Dean started laughing, seeing the huge equipment on Holly, and she hit him, warning him to shut up.

Inside the apartment, they walked through the hallway and Dean used his EMF meter to check the apartment doors.

Dean grinned. "I always wanted to be a fireman when I grew up."

Sam turned to his brother. "You never told us that."

Holly smiled. "I can see it."

They came to a door and Dean's EMF meter started reading high numbers.

Dean banged on the door and said, "This is the fire department. We need you to evacuate."

The door was unlocked and the boys shoved it open, keeping Holly behind them. The woman was thrown backwards and the three of them sprayed the two people with water from their tanks. The tanks contained holy water, so it burned the demons. Dean punched the man and shoved him into a closet before yelling, "Come on!"

Dean and Holly leaned against the door to try to keep the demons in, and it lurched as they tried to escape. "Hurry up!" Dean and Holly cried.

Sam grabbed a canister of salt from the duffle bag and lined the door. Once it was lined, the pounding stopped. The three of them took off the fireman gear and made their way to the bedroom door. They opened it slowly and saw John on the bed. Dean and Holly walked over to him.