XXXV. No More Mr. Nice Guy (Part II)

Holly groaned, hearing a loud knock. She tried to clear the dusty taste in her mouth as the door opened.

"Hey." The manager said. "It's past your checkout."

"What?" Dean asked groggily.

"It's past checkout, and I've got a couple here needs your room."

Dean and Holly noticed an embarrassed businessman with a hooker. "Yeah, I'll bet they do. What time is it?"

"Twelve-thirty."

"That guy who was with us. Have you seen him?"

The manager nodded. "Yeah. He left before dawn in your car, and you should have gone with him, because now I'm going to charge you extra."

Dean muttered, "Oh, son of a--"

"It's just policy, sir."

"I need to use your computer."

They made their way to the lobby and while the manager counted a stack of cash, Dean talked on the phone in front of a desktop computer.

"Hi, uh, so sorry to bother you, but uh, my son snuck out of the house last night and, uh, went to a Justin Timberlake concert." Dean said, pausing a moment. "What? Yeah. No, Justin is quite the triple threat. Uh, anyway, he's not back yet. And, and I'm just, I'm started to worry." He paused once again. "Right. Yeah, boys will be boys. But see, Sammy is a diabetic, and uh, if he doesn't get his insulin, I just, I have to find him. Please, I'm begging you. Yeah, no, no, no, I'm on the website right now. I just need to activate the GDS in his cell phone."

Dean entered a password. "Yeah, right there. Duluth, Minnesota. Yeah, that is a long way to go for a concert. I appreciate your help."

As soon as the two of them were outside, Holly cried, "Son of a bitch!"

Dean cracked a smile at her sudden outburst. "You've been holding that in, haven't you?"

She nodded. "Since Samuel rendered us unconscious with the butt of a rifle."

They made their way to Minnesota and entered the Roadhouse, guns drawn.

"Sam!" Holly and Dean cried.

Sam grabbed the knife from the pillar and Holly watched as his face shifted from one of calmness to one of panic. He placed the knife to Jo's throat. "I begged you two to stop me, Dean, Holly."

Dean frowned. "Put the knife down, damnit."

"I told you two I can't fight it! My head feels like it's on fire, alright?! Dean. Holly. Kill me, or I'm going to kill her. Please. You two would be doing me a favor! Shoot me." He turned to face his siblings, arms spread. "Shoot me!"

Holly shook her head. "No, Sammy. Come on."

The siblings turned, lowering the gun.

Sam narrowed his eyes. "What the hell's wrong with you, Dean? Are you that scared of being alone that you'd let Jo die? Holly, are you afraid to have a friend who's close to your age? Are you afraid you'll lose her like you lost Mommy and Daddy?"

Dean flung holy water onto Sam from a flask, and Sam hissed.

"That's holy water, you son of a bitch!" Dean cried.

Sam raised his head, revealing black eyes. Dean flung more holy water at Sam and he growled and ran, bursting through a window and running off. Dean cut Jo free and she pulled the gag from her mouth as Dean and Holly ran to the shattered window.

"He was possessed?!" Jo cried.

Dean and Holly turned and she nodded before the two of them leapt through the window.