XLIII. Hells Bells (Part I)

Season Three

[The Magnificent Seven]

Sam was seated in the Impala and was reading a book. He looked up to see Dean inside the house across from him. Dean grinned and gave a thumbs up, and Sam shook his head with a fond smile. A girl appeared and Dean shut the curtains and the two of them started undressing each other.

Holly rolled her eyes. "Sammy, your phone."

Sam answered his phone and put it on speaker so Holly could hear. "Hello." The two of them said.

"Hey, Sam. Hey, Holly."

"Hey, Bobby."

"What're you doing?"

"Oh, same old, same old."

"You buried in that book again?"

Sam paused and Holly said, "Yes, he is."

He shot her a look as Bobby continued, "Sam, you two want to break free of that demon deal, you ain't gonna find the answer in no book."

"Then where, Bobby?"

"Kid, I wish I knew. So, where's your brother?"

"Polling the electorate."

"What?"

"Never mind."

"Well, you boys and girl better pack it up. I think I finally found something."

Sam glanced at Holly. "Stay here. I'll be back shortly."

Holly nodded and Sam walked inside. He knocked on the bedroom door and opened it slowly. "Dean?" He entered the room. "Dean, you--you conscious? Bobby called, and he thinks that maybe we--" He stared in horror. "Oh, God."

Dean got into the Impala after he'd dressed, and they started driving. After a moment, Sam said, "Let me see your knife."

"What for?" Dean asked.

"So I can gouge my eyes out."

"It was a beautiful, natural act, Sam."

"It's a part of you I never wanted to see, Dean."

Dean chuckled and slapped Sam's thigh. "Hey, I appreciate you giving me a little quality time with the Doublemint Twins."

"No problem." Sam answered quietly.

"Really? Well, I got to say. I was expecting a weary sigh or an eye roll. Something."

"Not at all. You deserve to have a little fun."

"Well, I'm in violent agreement with you there." He chuckled. "What's Bobby got?"

"Not much. Crop failure and a cicada swarm outside of Lincoln, Nebraska. Could be demonic omens."

"Or could just be a bad crop and a bug problem."

"Yeah, but it's not our only lead."

"Any freaky deaths?"

Holly shook her head. "Nope. Nothing Bobby could find; at least, not yet."

"It's weird, man, Holly. I mean, the night the Devil's Gate opened, all these weirdo storm clouds were sighted over how many cities?"

"Seventeen."

"Seventeen. You think it would be "Apocalypse Now", but it's been five days and bupkis." Sam looked at his brother with a startled expression. "What are the demons waiting for?"