LXIX. A Well Respected Man (Part I)

[It's A Terrible Life]

An alarm clocked flipped to 6:00 and started beeping. A hand shut it off.

He got dressed and the man made a cup of coffee.

Dean knocked on another apartment door and a blonde girl walked out. They crossed the street to a silver Prius and got in.

They got to their workplace and got into the elevator.

Dean entered his office, Director of Sales and Marketing, and Holly made her way to her office, Social Media Sales Representative.

Dean laughed in his headset. "All I wanna know is, when are they gonna have another show like Project Runway? Man."

When lunch rolled around, Holly walked into Dean's office and the two of them ate their lunch. Dean had a salad and Holly had a turkey sandwich.

When lunch finished, Holly headed back to her office to do work.

That night, they waited for the elevator. Dean was on his phone and Holly had yet another cup of coffee. She had a lot of work to do, and she needed to stay awake. The two of them looked at the other occupant in the elevator. He was staring at them. He had on a short-sleeved yellow shirt that said ' Sandover Bridge Iron Inc. Tech Support'; Sam.

Sam studied the man and woman. "Do I know you two?"

Dean frowned. "I don't think so."

Holly shook her head. "I don't believe so."

"I'm sorry, man, miss, you two just look really familiar."

"Save it for the health club, pal." Dean said.

The elevator dinged and Dean and Holly got out, not knowing that Sam was staring after them.

A printer whirred and spit out a paper. A fax machine whirred and sucked in papers. An automatic pencil sharpener whirred. A phone rang.

Sam pressed a button on the phone and spoke into a headset. "Tech support, this is Sam Wesson. Okay. Uh, well, did you try turning it off and then on?" He poked at a vampire bobblehead. "Okay, go ahead and turn it off. No, no, no, just, just off. Alright, give it a second. Turn it back on. Okay, is it printing now? Great. Anytime."

Sam took off his headset and pressed a button on the phone. A man, not wearing a yellow shirt, at the cubicle behind Sam's, rolled his chair over. "Hey."

"Yo."

"What do you think of Mimi?"

Sam looked at Mimi and shrugged. "She's okay."

"Might have to hit that."

"Oh, dude, that's totally age-inappropriate."

"Experience."

"Trifocals."

"There's a MILF there, Sam. I just know it. Maybe a GMILF."

"Come on."

"Coffee break?"

Sam nodded. "Yeah, for sure."

Sam and the man stood up and passed another man at his cubicle.

"Paul." The man said. "Time for a refuel, buddy."

Paul's eyes were glued to the screen. "Sorry, no time."

"Since when? Dude, we get paid by the hour."

"Working."

"Okay."