XLVIII. Crazy Train (Part II)

They made their way to the warehouse and crept down the steps. There were headless bodies of girls hanging. The vampire knelt in front of them. Dean grabbed a knife from the table while Holly drew her machete. The two of them approached the vampire slowly and he didn't move.

"Go ahead. Do it. Kill me."

Holly raised her machete and Sam grabbed her arm as he asked, "What happened here?"

"Gordon Walker. I never should have brought a hunter here. Never. I just...I just wanted some kind of revenge. Stupid...exposing him to my family."

Dean scoffed. "Oh, yeah, you're such a family man."

"You don't understand."

"I don't want to understand, you son of--"

"I was desperate. You ever felt desperate? I've lost everyone I ever loved. I'm staring down eternity alone. Can you think of a worse hell?"

Holly shouldered her machete as she said, "Well, there's Hell."

The vampire frowned. "I wasn't thinking. I just, I didn't care anymore. Do you two know it's like when you just don't give a damn? It's like...it's like being dead already. So just go ahead. Do it."

"Gladly." Holly replied.

She was about to, but was stopped by Sam's voice as he inspected the headless bodies. "Dean. Holly. Head wasn't cut off. It was ripped off. With someone's bare hands. Dixon, what did you do to Gordon?"

They made their way to their motel room. As Dean entered, he removed his jacket. Sam was seated at the table and pored over maps. Holly was twirling her pocket knife, plotting her revenge on Gordon.

Dean frowned. "Man, I must have checked three dozen motels, empty buildings, warehouses."

Sam nodded. "Yeah, me and Holly as well. Big city."

Dean washed his face in the sink. "It's like a giant haystack, and Gordon's a deadly needle. We're running out of daylight. Won't have the sun slowing him down."

"Yeah, he'll be unstoppable. Hey, give me your phone. Holly, you too."

"What for?" Dean asked, handing his phone over, followed by Holly.

Sam pulled the SIM cards from the phones. "Well, if Gordon knows our cell numbers, he can use the cell signal to track us down."

"Oh, yeah, thanks."

"Yup." Holly acknowledged.

Sam then stomped on the phones while Dean looked out the curtains. Dean walked back, purpose on his face.

"Sammy, Holly, stay here."

Sam frowned. "What? Where are you going now?"

Dean pulled the Colt from his bag and checked it. "I'm going after Gordon."

"What?"

"You heard me."

Holly glared at him. "Like hell you are."

Dean turned to her. "Holly, please. I don't want you to get hurt."

"And you think I do?! Sammy?"

Sam nodded, agreeing with Holly. "Not alone, you're not."

Dean turned to his brother. "Sam, I don't need you or Holly to sign me a permission slip, okay? He's after you, not me, and he's turbocharged. Holly's out for blood. I want you two to stay out of harm's way. I'll take care of it."

"You're not going by yourself. You're gonna get killed."

"Just another day at the office. It's a massively dangerous day at the office."