XXXIV. No More Mr. Nice Guy (Part I)

[Born Under a Bad Sign]

While Holly paced near the Impala, Dean was talking to Ellen and fidgeting. "Ellen, it's me again. Any chance you've heard from him?

"I swear, it's like looking for my dad here. Holly and I are losing our minds here.

"No, Holly and I have called him a thousand times. There's nothing but voicemail. We don't know where he went, or why. Sam's just gone."

His phone beeped. "Hang on."

Dean answered the other call and Holly's eyes widened. "Sammy? Where the hell are you? Are you okay?

"Hey, hey, hey! Calm down. Where are you? Alright, don't move, we're on our way."

Holly looked at Dean hopefully and he nodded. They sped off in the Impala, and passed a sign that read Twin Lakes. When they arrived, Dean parked and they got out.

They walked briskly down the narrow hallway and looked at the room numbers and reached 109. They both knocked.

"Sam, it's us." Dean said. "Sam!"

Holly pulled down the handle and the door opened. Sam was sitting numbly on one of the beds.

"Sam?" Dean asked gingerly. "Hey."

"Hey, Dean. Hey, Holly."

Dean knelt beside him and Holly sat on the bed next to him. "Sammy, are you bleeding?"

"I tried to wash it off." Sam said.

Dean noticed the blood on Sam's shirt and started searching for a wound. "Oh my God."

"I don't think it's my blood."

"Whose is it?" Holly asked softly.

"I don't know."

Dean and Holly exchanged a concerned look before he asked, "Sam, what the hell happened?"

Sam looked between his siblings. "Holly. Dean. I don't remember anything."

While Dean went to pick up some things, Holly remained with Sam.

She pulled some clothes from his duffle bag and said, "Go shower and put these on. Okay? Do you want some coffee?"

Sam nodded and as he walked to the bathroom, he said, "Thanks, Holly."

She smiled. "You're welcome, Sammy."

A moment later, she heard the shower turn on and she started brewing a pot of coffee. By the time Sam's shower finished, the coffee was brewed and Holly had poured two cups, and put sugar and creamer on the table in case Sam wanted some.

When Dean returned, Sam was looking a little better, which pleased Holly. Dean walked in with a grocery bag in hand.

Sam immediately looked up at his brother. "What'd you find out?"

"You checked in two days ago under the name Richard Sambora. Of course, I think the scariest part about this whole thing is the fact that you're a Bon Jovi fan."

"Dean." Holly chastised.

Dean shot her a look and continued, "Your room's been quiet, nobody's noticed anything unusual."

Sam frowned. "You mean no one saw me walking around covered in blood?"

"Yeah. That's what I mean."

"Then how the hell did I get here, Dean, Holly? What happened to me?"

"I don't know. But you're, you're okay, and that's what matters. Everything else we can deal with."

"Oh really? Cause what if I hurt someone? Or worse?"