XXXVII. Won't Get Fooled Again (Part II)

"Okay, I've heard enough." Bobby said.

"You showed up about an hour after that." Dean replied.

"I'm surprised at you three. I really am. Sam, first off, Dean did not steal your computer."

"But I--" Sam began.

"Shh, shh, shh, shh. And, Dean, Sam did not touch your car."

"Yeah."

"And Holly, your brothers did not take your drawings."

The boys smirked at her.

Bobby frowned at them. "And if you three bothered to pull your heads out of your asses, it all would have been pretty clear."

"What?" Dean asked with a frown.

"What you're dealing with."

"Uh..." Sam hesitated.

Dean shook his head. "I got nothing."

"Me neither."

"No idea." Holly said.

"You got a trickster on your hands." Bobby told them.

"That's what I thought." Dean said smugly.

"What?!" Sam cried. "No, you didn't."

Bobby frowned. "I got to tell you...you guys were the biggest clue."

Holly's brow furrowed. "What are you talking about?"

"These things create chaos and mischief as easy as breathing, and it's got you so turned around and at each others throats, you can't even think straight."

"The laptop." Sam realized.

"The tires."

"The drawings."

Bobby nodded. "It knows you're onto him, and it's been playing you like fiddles."

"So, what is it--Spirit, demon, what?" Dean asked.

"Well, more like demigods, really. There's Loki in Scandinavia. There's Anansi in West Africa. Dozens of them. They're immortal, and they can create things out of thin air. Things as real as you and me. Make them vanish just as quick."

"You mean like an angry spirit, alien, or alligator." Holly noted.

Bobby continued on. "The victims fit the M.O., too. Tricksters target the high and mighty, knock them down a peg, usually with a sense of humor--deadly pranks, things like that."

"Bobby, what do these things look like?" Dean asked.

"Lots of things, but human, mostly."

"And what human do we know who's been at ground zero this whole time?"

Sam frowned and realized who it was.

They made their way to Crawfor Hall. The siblings followed the janitor/trickster up the stairs.

The trickster smiled "Sorry I'm dragging a little ass today, boys, lady. Had quite the night last night. Lots of sex, if you catch my drift."

Holly rolled her eyes and Dean said, "Yeah, hard not to. Listen, we won't be long." He signalled to his siblings behind him. "We just need to check a couple offices up on 3."

"No problem."

Sam frowned. "I, uh, forgot something in the truck. You know what? I'll catch up with you guys."

Dean and Holly nodded. "Okay."

Sam waited until the three of them were out of sight before making his way back to the locked gate and pulling out his lockpicking tools. He entered and searched through lockers until he found a copy of Weekly World News in one.