LVIII. Wanted Dead or Alive (Part II)

Dean stopped and raised his brow. He turned around and looked back at Sam who sighed.

On the drive to Indiana, Sam spoke up. "Hey, Dean?"

"Yeah?"

"You know, if this doesn't uh...this doesn't go the way we want, I want you to know--"

"No. No, no, no, no."

"No what?"

Dean looked over at his brother. "No, you're not gonna bust out the misty goodbye speech, okay? And if this is my last day on earth, I do not want it to be socially awkward."

Sam looked down and out the window while Dean turned back to the road. "You know what I do want?"

He turned up the radio, hearing Bon Jovi's 'Wanted Dead or Alive'. Holly cheered loudly, enjoying the music.

Sam frowned. "Bon Jovi?"

"Bon Jovi rocks. On occasion."

Soon, the Impala was filled with ringing voices, singing loudly to Bon Jovi.

Holly glanced back, hearing sirens. There were flashing lights.

"We getting pulled over?" Sam asked.

Dean looked in his side view mirror. "I've got a busted tail-light. It's not like we're in a hurry or anything."

The police car stopped behind the Impala and Dean rolled down his window as Sam handed over the license and registration. The police officer walked up to the window holding a flashlight.

"Problem, officer?" Dean asked.

"License and registration, please."

Dean, without looking, offered the needed papers. The officer took them and looked at them as he said, "Do you realize you have a tail-light out, Mr. Hagard?"

Dean looked up at him and his face fell. The officer shined his light on him. "Yes...yes sir. Uh...you know I've been meaning to...take care of that."

He slowly turned his eyes back to the road as he continued, "As a matter of fact..."

Dean opened his door, fast, hitting the officer in the stomach. Dean rushed him. "Dean!" Sam cried.

Sam motioned for Holly to stay back. She watched as Dean punched the officer three times in the face. Sam tried to run around to stop Dean. The eldest took the knife from his belt and thrust it into the officer's jaw, The officer flashed and Dean pulled the knife from the officer and he fell dead.

Holly cautiously stepped out as Bobby ran up and asked, "What the hell just happened?"

"Dean just killed a demon." Sam replied. "How'd you know?"

Dean was still breathing heavily as he looked at the ground and turned to his siblings with a worried expression. "I just knew." He looked down at the officer. "I could see his face. Its real face under that one."

They put branches around the police car to hide it from sight.

Sam turned to his brother. "So what, now you're seeing demons?"

Dean frowned. "I've seen all kinds of things lately, but...nothing like this."

"Actually, it's not all that crazy." Bobby said.

"How's it not crazy?"

"Well you've got, just over five hours to go? You're piercing the veil, Dean. You're glimpsing the B-side."

"A little less new age-y please."

"You're almost hell's bitch. So, you can see hell's other bitches."