LIII. Taking Care of Business (Part I)

[Ghostfacers]

"Freeze!" Dean cried. "Police officers! Don't move!"

Sam frowned at the figures. "Alright. Alright. Alright. Take it easy, take it easy."

"Let's see some identification from you." Holly ordered.

"Come on. Let's see some I.D."

Corbett frowned, feeling scared. "What--are we under--under arrest?"

"We are unarmed." Ed said.

"Oh, God. Oh, God."

Dean looked Corbett up and down. "Want to explain that weirdo outfit, Mr., uh, Corbett?"

Ed narrowed his eyes. "I know you."

"Yeah, sure you do. Give me some identification."

"Yeah, ho--whoa, hold on for a second. I know the three of you guys. Yeah."

"What?" Corbett asked in confusion.

"Yeah, huh."

"Holy shit!" Sam exclaimed.

At the same time, Dean and Holly asked, "What?"

"Uh, West Texas...the...the tulpa we had to take out. Those two goofballs that almost got us killed...The hellhounds or something?"

"Fuck me." Dean groaned.

Holly glared at Ed, remembering that he'd given her his number when she didn't want it. "Fuck you."

"Yeah, we're not hellhounds anymore, okay?" Ed informed. "It didn't test that well."

Corbett turned to his boss. "Ed, what's going on?"

"They're not cops, buddy--no, not at all."

Dean frowned, not seeing Ed's partner. "Ed, Ed, you had a partner, too, didn't you--A different guy?"

"Oh, yeah, yeah."

"Is he around here somewhere?" Holly asked impatiently.

"He's running around, chasing ghosts."

Dean frowned. "Okay, well, listen, you and Rambo need to get your girlfriends and get out of here."

"Alright. Listen here, chisel chest, okay? We were here first. We've already set up base camp. We beat you."

Dean said to his siblings. "They were here first."

"Mm-hmm."

Dean glanced at Holly and gave her a nod. She instantly put Ed in a headlock. "Oh, God."

"Ed?" She asked in a sugary sweet tone.

"Yeah?"

"Tell us where your partner is."

They gathered in the living room and Dean asked, "What are you going in the Morton House, Ed--on leap year--what are you thinking?"

"We're here to spend the night, okay? It's for our TV show."

Sam groaned. "What? Great. Perfect."

Corbett nodded. "Yeah, nobody's ever spent the night before."

Holly's brow furrowed. "Uh, yeah they have, actually."

Ed frowned. "Uh, we've never heard of them."

"Yeah, you know why?" Dean asked. "Cause the ones that have haven't lived to talk about it!"

"Oh, come on, I don't believe you two."

Holly glanced to Sam and he pulled out papers. "Look--missing-persons reports going back almost a half century. John Graham stayed on a dare--gone. Julie Wilkerson--gone. There are tons more. All of them came to just stay the night through, always on a leap year. The only body they ever found was the last owner, Freeman Daggett."