LXXII. (72) Blue Collar Man (Part II)

They made their way to the motel and Holly frowned, seeing the sleaziness of it.

Sam turned to Dean. "Dude, this place charges by the hour."

"Yeah, well, the book says Lilith finds you at the Red Motel. Hence, the uh, hooker in. Sorry, H. It's opposite day, remember?"

Dean dropped a bag on the bed and started pulling out items. He took out a few small string-tied bags and handed a couple to Holly and they placed them around the room.

Sam looked at his siblings. "What are you two doing?"

"Couple of hex bags out to Lilith-proof the room."

"So, what? I'm supposed to just hole up here all night?"

Holly reached into Sam's bag and pulled out his laptop, hugging it to her chest. Sam frowned. "Oh, dude, come on."

"Just a little insurance, Sammy." Holly replied.

"What are you two gonna do?"

Dean glanced at Holly. "Well, the pages say that Holly and I spend all day riding around in the Impala. So I'm gonna go park her. Behave yourself, would you? No homework. Watch some porn."

He smiled and Holly blew him a teasing kiss before they left Sam to fume.

Dean parked the Impala and the two of them got out. He checked the doors and the two of them walked across the street.

Holly glanced back at the Impala and swatted Dean's shoulder. They looked back to see two teenagers attempting to break into the car. They ran towards them and Dean cried, "Hey!"

A van loomed closer and he pushed Holly out of the way. He didn't get away in time and the van hit him. He fell to the ground, unconscious.

Holly knelt by him and shook him. "Dean? Dean!"

Dean slowly woke up and clumsily brushed his sister off. He saw a woman hovering above him and was wearing long, dangling earrings shaped like stars.

"Oh my God. Just take it easy. You're gonna be okay. Miss, are you okay?"

Holly nodded as Dean said incoherently, "Stars."

"What was that?" The woman asked. Dean blinked and tried to raise his head. "I'm so sorry. I just didn't see you. Are you okay?"

He sat up with Holly's help. She noticed the Band-Aids and fought a laugh.

The woman smiled. "And sorry about...you know." She gestured to a young girl nearby. "M-My daughter's going through a doctor phase."

"What are you talking about?"

"You're all better now." The girl said.

Dean and Holly glanced at the Impala and saw that the back window had been shattered. "Oh, no..."

They approached the car and as Dean peeled a Band-Aid off, she started laughing hysterically. Dean glared at her.

The two of them climbed into the Impala. They'd covered the rear window with a tarp, and it flapped like the wings of a crow.

Dean parked outside Chuck's house and sat in a chair and Holly sat on the couch, holding ice to her arm. She'd injured it when Dean pushed her out of the way.

"Dean. Holly." Chuck said.

"I take it you knew we'd be here." Dean replied.

"You look terrible. You look mad, Holly."

"That's cause I just hit by a minivan, Chuck. And she injured herself pretty good."

"Oh."

"That's it? Every damn thing you write about us comes true; that's all you have to say is "oh"?!"