Chapter 50

"What was that about?" Midnight asks watching Ebony.

"What was what?" She asks confused watching Zana.

"What's they say?"

"None of your business, Father. All I can share is that... Zana was impressed with her brother."

"Really?"

"Yes. Dad?" She looks at Crimson.

"Hmm?" Crimson answers, watching the demons.

"What is that?" She nods to Zeus.

"That's Zana's brother, Zeus. He's older than her, but he's absolutely terrified of her sometimes."

"How is he older?"

"He hatched first."

"Cool. Who are they?" She points to Zia and Zillah.

"That's Zillah and Zia. The ones we brought you and Alette to see."

"Just us?"

"no. Everyone. But you and Alette especially."

"oh. Man..."

"What?"

"Zana's blocking me out."

"Out of what?"

"Their conversation."

"Why'd you want in on their conversation?"

"I want to know if their talking about me." She taps her fingers nervously.

"What are you doing that for, Ebony?"

"I don't like being this far away from her right after having her with me for a while." He gives her a disbelieving look. "What? I don't! I would rather be next to her."

"Instead of me?" Midnight looks at her.

"And me?" Crimson adds.

"Yes and no."

"Yes?"

"I'm still not used to you guys yet. I mean, I am... but I'm not. And I'm not used to Zana... never mind."

"Okay, you lived in the exile world for how long? And you just kept her out and with you just, where people could see her?"

"Yes and no."

"Stop saying that! Just answer the question!"

"okay, okay."

"So?"

"She wasn't exactly... like this. She was more like... this guy." Sugar appears, squirming in her arms. "Hold still, hold still. Thank you. No one knew she was a demon but David and I until a while ago. And even now, only he and his brother know it. They're the only humans who do."

"Put that thing away Ebony!" Zana huffs at her.

"Yes, Zana." Ebony clams sugar down, by giving him back to tattoo form.

"Do you always do what she tells you?"

"Most of the time it's me telling her what to do. But today has been a day for exceptions, right dad?"

"So far, Yes." Crimson nods. He gives her almost an uncomfortable look when she calls him dad. "Yes, it has. we need to do what we came down here for. Call Zana back to you."

"Why?"

"Just do it."

"But why?"

"Do it."