Chapter 58

"Go on, Mistress!" Hanna laughs at Ebony, laying between the brothers.

"okay, I'm going." She shuts the door to the bedroom. She starts walking to the meeting room. the door is open. Ebony waits outside it, listening and watching front a corner of the doorway. Water Trickle is kneeling next to the girl.

"Who scared you?" Crimson asks, looking down at the small one.

"Someone tall and dark looking."

Dark? I'm not dark! Not dark at all. I'm actually very white. Ebony looks down at her right hand. Dark Enough to reflect the sunlight, yes that's how dark I am. I wish I wasn't this white. She smiles. Maple sees her and grabs something from across the table, starting to poke Crimson from across the table.

"What?" Crimson snatches the object and puts it back onto the table. He looks back at the girl then. Maple leans over, then decides not to poke his older brother. He looks back at Ebony, who smiles at him and makes a shushing gesture.

"Who was it?" Midnight asks this time.

"Somebody tall dark."

"Why can't we get your child to tell us anything useful?" Crimson says. Water Trickle, who's facing away from Ebony, smiles and gives a rumbling bear laugh. "Brook, tell us again."

"No! you already knowed it twice! Twice already I telled you."

"Right." Crimson rolls his eyes, looking back at the table. "Think of who's dark and tall... That's not us."

Ebony takes a step into the room. "Was it... me?" She smiles. Looking at Brook she sees the small girl is about to cry. "What about me scared you?" Brook says nothing but points at Ebony. "You just gestured to all of me!" Brook looks away from Ebony.

"What did you do to her?" Dawn Mist asks when they hear Brook start crying quietly into her father's shoulder.

"What?
Ebony shrugs. "All I did, was open a door. smile. Say hello, she looks at me. Then runs off! What DID I do?"

"okh." Crimson makes some noise.

"Tpsht." Ebony replies.

"Why were you opening the door? Why did you follow Brook?"

"I wasn't following the tiny child. I was coming to find my, very going to die if he doesn't explain this, Dad." Ebony walks over to the table. It has a map stretched over the top, with all sorts of pins and scratches and marks. "What's this?"

"Its a map."

"Duh." Ebony rolls her eyes at her father. "Why do you have a map for?"

"We're trying to find something."

"Tsh. What are you trying to find?"

"A dragon. Ow!" Web gets smacked by Creek after saying this. "Don't touch me!" Creek reaches toward Ebon slowly and pokes him slowly, then pulls it back after Web slaps it. "Hmm."

"A dragon?"

"Yes."

"Why... no. I'm getting distracted. You." She points at Crimson. "And you." She points at Midnight.

"What, Child?" Her Father asks.

"What did you do to Daniel?"

"Nothing."

"We did nothing."

"Nothing. Nothing at all?"

"nope! Nothing at all to do with any of the y-" Crimson sighs, stopping himself.