6

"Yes, I know, Joy. I'll go get the supplies after work, okay?" you stated as you placed your index finger and thumb against the bridge of your nose.

"Please tell me you're going to get your nails done for this party. If you want little Jimin to be friends with you and eventually play along with your little kink, you need to look good." you could practically hear her smirk over the phone while she spoke.

"Fine. I have to go I'm at work, you know. You may have the week off to visit me, but I don't." you stated before glancing up. You noticed your boss starting to head towards you as you widened your eyes. "I gotta go, bye." You said before quickly hanging up the desk phone.

You watched as your boss walked and stopped at your desk, smiling down at you. He placed his hand on the desk and handed you a card. You furrowed your brows as he didn't say a word while handing it to you. The card had red, blue, and yellow balloons on the front cover. You slowly opened the card and a smile crept onto your face. "Congrats on the new house!" it read, along with messages written by your fellow coworkers.

It was your first day back after moving into the new home. Your boss knew about you going house searching, but you were caught off guard because he went out of his way to congratulate you. It was a pleasant surprise, if you were being honest with yourself. You were grateful that your boss was very personable and cared about his employees.

You slowly looked up to your boss and smiled up at him. He was an older man in his 50's and had the salt and pepper hair that most men tried to pull off at an older age. His face looked stern, but his personality said otherwise as he remembered all the little details about his employees. Last week, he had remembered that another one of his employee's child had their first birthday and came to work with a present for their child. The week before, he noticed an employee with a small lunch, barely able to keep a kid, let alone an adult, full for the rest of the day. He ordered some food for all the employees to help him out, without embarrassing the employee.

"Also, your one-year anniversary of working at our company is coming up. So, expect another one of those cards in a few weeks." He stated.

"Thank you, sir." You said before placing the card on your desk, sitting it upright and let the front cover display in front of you. You looked back up at your boss, who nodded in approval before his assistant called him. You watched as he gave his assistant a thumbs up before turning back to you.

"Anytime. Now, keep up the hard work." He stated before stepping slightly away from the desk.

"Everyone, I'll be gone for about an hour to see my son's street dance performance. If you need help with anything, I told Jungkook to spend the next hour helping anyone. I'll see you all in an hour." He said with a wide smile, his eyes slightly crinkling on the sides as he smiled at everyone, giving a wave to the entire office.

You glanced over at Jungkook who was sitting at his desk, reading the instructions our boss gave to him in case any specific problems were to arise. He then placed the paper down onto his desk before speaking.

"I'll be over here if anyone needs help." He said, waving his hand before smiling at everyone.

You looked back at the computer monitor, noticing that all your tasks for the day were finished. You glanced at the clock and noticed you only had about 20 minutes until your shift ended. You looked over at Jungkook again who sat at his desk, innocently fiddling with his pen as he patiently waited for someone to ask for help.

Poor kid. He looks so eager to help, but no one seems to need any.

You watched as his eyes widened in happiness as he saw someone stand up and head towards his desk. The person was on their way to the bathroom and merely passed his desk. This caused Jungkook to slump in his chair, going back to playing with the pen in his hands.