42

***This chapter is a sad one so if anyone is going through depression bc of quarantine, I decided to put a warning in the beginning.***

Jimin stares at you, merely blinking after you tell him about Jungkook. You gulp and grow nervous as you feel his eyes on you. Looking up, you grow the confidence and dare to meet his eyes.

The intensity of his eyes causes you to coward, looking down at your feet as you do so. You hear Jimin inhale.

"Y/N," his voice is serious and deep as he speaks. "Look at me." You inhale a deep breath before meeting his eyes again. His eyes soften as they sense the nervous look in yours.

You bite at your lip, preparing yourself for what's to come.

He's going to get mad at me. He's going to get mad at me. He's-

"Why would I be mad at you for being nice to someone and standing up for them when they're being bullied?" Jimin questions. Upon hearing Jimin's question, your eyes lose their hint of nervousness. You release a breath that had gotten caught in your chest. "Baby, why do you think I'd get mad about that?"

You open your mouth, attempting to say something before you immediately close it again. You're at a loss of words as Jimin merely lifts his eyebrows, shocked that you're so nervous.

"Baby?"

"I-it's just that..." you stutter off. "W-when I messed up in my last relationship, h-he would get mad at me and one day, I made him so mad th-that he just... ghosted me." Your voice lowers to a whisper as you finish this sentence. Jimin's eyebrows furrow as he steps closer. He holds onto your hands as he stares intently at you.

"I wouldn't ghost you just because I'm mad at you," he mumbles before softly smiling. "You heard me tell you about how I still liked a girl after she used me, remember?" He softly chuckles, attempting to make light of your previous thoughts. You softly shake your head as you look up at him.

"I remember, but," you start before licking your lips. "If I do something to upset you... don't let me think it's okay. I don't want to hurt you on accident and then have you let me walk all over you like that girl..." Jimin smiles and lets go of your hands as he stares into your eyes.

"But don't you see?" He licks his lips and stares intently at you as he softly places his hands on both of your shoulders. He slightly crouches over to be at eye level with you. "You aren't walking all over me. You just told me something because you wanted to be honest and didn't want to hurt me. Don't you see, baby? You're not hurting me or using me." You hesitantly nod your head before biting onto your lower lip.

"I just... I don't want to..." you drift off, unable to express your emotions to Jimin.

You've never been in a relationship where you could be this vocal about your emotions. You've always felt that your emotions come last and your partner's come first. When you would get upset, your partner would rarely address it, let alone apologize for it. Over and over again.

Until he left you by yourself, stuck pondering what you did wrong.

Jimin's eyes fill with worry as he stares down at your figure. You're slowly starting to drift off into a state of silence. Jimin can sense that you're unable to express yourself. His eyes drift off to the paint sitting on the counter behind you.

"Baby, paint me a picture." Jimin suddenly says. Your mind is immediately brought back to its senses as you furrow your eyebrows up at the man.