69

"Jennie, c'mon! We're late!" Namjoon says while standing next to the bathroom.

"Hold on, I'm finishing my makeup!" Namjoon merely smiles to himself as he shakes his head. He starts making his way towards the living room where you and Jimin sit.

Jimin has Jennie and Namjoon's little girl on his lap as he bounces the baby on his lap while holding onto her tiny hands. You watch as Jimin plays with the little girl, her tiny hands wrapping around his small fingers. It causes you to smile softly before you reach over and pinch her cheek gently.

"She's so precious." You state while Jimin nods in agreement.

"She has Namjoon's dimples." He states before reaching down to gently place his fingertip in the little dent in her skin. She giggles at his touch and reaches one tiny hand up to poke him back as he laughs, eyes squinting as he stares down at her.

"And Jennie's eyes." Namjoon states from the corner of the room. He smiles at the two of you. "You two are good with kids."

"No, Jimin's good with kids." You state while gesturing to the two as Jimin starts making funny faces at the child before propping her up so he can carry her. He has one arm on her back, gently rubbing it and one arm hooked under her bottom to hold her up. Bouncing her gently up and down, you catch a glimpse of her as she stares at you from her spot on his shoulder.

She has one hand on Jimin's shoulder, gripping to the material of his shirt. Your eyes soften at the sight of the child staring at you with curiosity in her eyes. Reaching a hand up, you place your hand on her head and gently fix the little amount of hair that she does have, smoothing it along her scalp as you grin up at her.

A little bubble of spit escapes her mouth as you touch her hair, causing you to softly laugh. Jimin glances back at you, eyebrows lifted as he turns to face you fully. The little girl's head whips around to continue looking at you even when Jimin turns around.

"What do you mean? She likes you, Y/N." Namjoon says while he gestures to the way she's staring at you. Shrugging your shoulders, you stare back at the child before getting up from the sofa.

"I guess," you start before using your hands to fix your dress momentarily. "I'm going to check on Jennie. She has to be finished with her makeup by now." You state before walking towards the bathroom.

The minute you're arms-length away from the little girl, she erupts into a fit of tears. One of her tiny arms reaches out and stretches to attempt reaching you while the other has started pounding a tiny fist into Jimin's shoulder. Her legs begin flailing, causing Jimin to tighten his grip on her to ensure she doesn't fall.

"Y/N!" Jimin exclaims.

You look over at him and see the baby struggling, her eyes locked on you as she wails.

To say the least, you're shocked.

The entire time you've been here this morning, you barely even played with her. You merely sat next to Jimin as he played with her, making her laugh constantly. The only thing you did that Jimin didn't was occasionally reach over to fix her outfit, small shoes, and touch up her hair whenever it started to look messy.

You didn't think little gestures like this would make her want you around her more, but apparently those gestures made her comfortable.

Jimin looks at you with pleading eyes as he silently asks for you to either take her with you or come back.

Nodding your head, you come back into the living room and plop onto the couch next to the two. Almost immediately, the little girl in his arms relaxes.