54

Upon arriving home, you take your work clothes off and immediately get into the shower and turn the knob to make the shower water as hot as possible.

Maybe this water will burn away my stress.

You stay in the shower for a bit before getting out and changing into sweatpants and a cropped t-shirt. Deciding to go for a drive and drive to the nearest smoothie place near your house. Upon arriving, you stare up at the menu, trying to figure out what to get before you glance down at the person waiting at the counter. Sighing, you realize that this is the same place you had first met Taehyung.

"Y/N. What can I get you?" Taehyung asks while leaning on the counter. Today, he's wearing a white apron on top of a pair of black jeans and a tight, white V-neck underneath.

"Hey, Taehyung," you state before you point up at the menu. "Can I get a mango smoothie please?" he nods his head before he turns his back to you, telling the other worker in the back what to start making. Turning back to you, he waits as you insert your card in the card reader.

"So, how are you and Jimin?" he asks while your receipt is printing out. You roll your eyes at the mention of his name, causing Taehyung to lift an eyebrow. "Not too good, I'm guessing?"

"We had an argument." You bluntly state before stepping aside as you stand by the "pick up order" area. Taehyung glances at the door. Upon noticing that you're the only customer, he steps over to the other side of the counter near where you're standing.

"You two gonna be okay?" he questions while fiddling with the straws, glancing down at the colors through the paper and organizing them by color. You lick your lips as you shrug your shoulders. This causes Taehyung to immediately drop the straws he's holding.

"I don't know," you state helplessly before watching as the other worker tries coming out from the back to give you your order. Taehyung stops him and hands you the smoothie himself as he leans against the counter while staring at you as you place a straw into the smoothie.

"I've known Jimin for a long time, he's my best friend." Taehyung states before he sighs softly. "Tell me, Y/N, has Jimin been... rushing... things lately? And has he stopped dancing altogether?" he questions. This causes you to quirk an eyebrow as you place the smoothie onto the counter. Taehyung stares up at you, a stare that's intimidating enough to make you confess every lie you've told since you were born.

"I... um..."

How long have these two been friends?

"Your stuttering is enough of an answer." He states before he glances up at the clock. "Listen, I get off work right now. Want to sit with me here for a while so I can help with the... er... problem?" he asks. You glance up at the clock.

4:38 PM.

What the hell. I have nowhere else to be anyway.

"Sure, I have some time to kill." You state before walking over to the nearest table and plopping onto one of the chairs. Taehyung sits across from you as he folds his fingers, his arms resting on the table.

"I've noticed Jimin talking about you... a lot lately." He bluntly states. "And by 'a lot,' I mean he talks about you just as much, if not more than, his old dance partner." He states while arching an eyebrow. You immediately face palm yourself and shake your head.

"I'm nothing like her."

"Never said you were," he responds before his coworker sets a smoothie onto the table for him. He takes a sip before licking his lips and looking up at you. "What I am saying is this: if you haven't noticed, Jimin isn't exactly the most... normal... boyfriend." He states.