19

"I'm going to grab us some napkins, okay?" Jungkook asked. Jungkook placed his hand on your shoulder gently before leaning down next to you. "Are you sure you're okay now?"

He stared down at you, brows furrowed in concern while he bit onto his lower lip. You nodded, smiling at his kindness. You appreciated the sweet check-ins he's been doing throughout your breakfast together. You glanced down at his hand that was still on your shoulder and then looked back up at him. He noticed your gaze and his eyebrows shot up. His ears immediately turned red before he stood up straight, fingers scratching at the back of his neck.

"Oops, sorry." He said, giving a small smile, showing off his teeth as his eyes shut. His eyes crinkled whenever he smiled, a small detail you noted to yourself before looking down at the acai bowl in front of you. Digging your spoon into the bowl, you started taking small bites of the food, not paying attention to Jungkook.

Jungkook was talking to Taehyung while you grinned to yourself while eating your bowl. He glanced back at you for a moment, smiling to himself before looking back at Taehyung as he grabbed some napkins. Taehyung was watching the way Jungkook looked at you, letting out a soft laugh while he was cleaning one of the blenders in the backroom.

"You know, you two would be really cute." Taehyung stated, eyes still looking down at his blender as he smiled to himself, scrubbing at the inside of the blender. Jungkook's eyes shot up, widening as his lips parted in shock. He then started to say something when Taehyung stuck a hand up, giving him a signal to shut up. Jungkook obliged, closing his mouth, eyes still wide. "I'm not blind. You're giving her the same look you do whenever we watch an awards show and IU is performing."

"I-I don't give IU any looks." Jungkook stuttered while staring over at Taehyung before narrowing his eyes at him. This caused Taehyung to laugh, stepping out of the backroom and back to the register when a customer started approaching the counter. Taehyung smiled and waved at the customer as they started scanning the menu. Looking over at Jungkook, Taehyung let out a soft laugh, noticing Jungkook looking in your direction once more.

"Look, you've mentioned how everyone at your company used to treat you like a child until she joined the team and started treating you like an adult. Why don't you just ask her if she's seeing anyone?" Taehyung said before giving a large, boxy smile to the customer. Ignoring Jungkook's attempts to reply, he started speaking to the customer. "Hi, how can I help you?"

Jungkook made his way back to your table, setting the napkins down onto the table before looking over at you. You felt his eyes on you and gave him a small grin. He returned the grin before grabbing his spoon, taking a bite of his own bowl, lost in his thoughts about Taehyung's words.

________________________________________________________________________________

After a quiet, short breakfast with Jungkook, you were ready to say goodbye before Jungkook stopped you. He looked at you for a moment, lips parted as he thought about what to say. You raised your eyebrows, growing concerned after he didn't speak for a few minutes.

"Jungkook, is everything okay?"

"Huh?" he asked, eyes widening as he snapped out of his thoughts. "Oh, yeah everything's fine. I-just... um... do you... are you seeing anyone right now?" he asked, staring into your eyes for a moment. Your eyes widened at his question.

Am I seeing someone right now?

Your mind drifted off, mentally reliving all of the moments. Starting with Jimin calling you pet names, to laughing with you at breakfast, all the way to him going as far as to satisfy your kink.