41

You stare at the man, jaw dropped as you see him holding a gift basket. Furrowing your eyebrows, you look into the man's eyes which were filled with happiness. The light shining from inside your home shines on Jungkook as he shyly smiles for a moment.

"H-hi." He states, looking down at his feet before he shoves the basket in your direction, still avoiding eye contact. Your eyes drift to the basket which is filled with about five chocolate bars, two tubs of Ben and Jerry's ice cream, and a small, gray bunny stuffed animal holding a 'thank you' sign.

"Um... what's this for?" you question, looking up at Jungkook as you gently take the basket from him. You stare down at the contents in the basket, softly smiling as you then take a moment to glance at Jimin's house.

Surprise, surprise. His lights are still off, signaling that he's in a deep sleep.

"I just wanted to say thank you." He states before finally meeting your eyes. "For cheering me up today and for not making the note thing awkward."

You softly smile before glancing down at his attire. You notice that he's still in his work clothes, causing you to furrow your eyebrows.

"It's no problem. You shouldn't have been made fun of like that." You shrug before pursing your lips as you look back up at him. "How come you're still in your work clothes?"

"Huh?" he asks before looking down. His cheeks turn a soft pink shade, along with his ears as he looks up at you. He flashes a small smile, his bunny teeth coming out to say hello. "Oh, that. I had to stay a little late at the office today. I didn't get off work until about an hour ago. I wanted to get something for you to say thank you, but I knew if I went home and changed first that the stores would've all been closed." You smile at his kindness and bow your head for a moment before stepping into your house. You place the basket onto your coffee table before walking back towards Jungkook.

He's fiddling with his fingers when you get back, causing you to grin.

"Jungkook, thank you for the basket. It's very cute." You say while his ears perk up. His eyes widen for a moment before a wide smile forms on his face. His eyes sparkle as you stare over at him.

"You're welcome." He responds before waving at you. He starts to turn around and make his way off your porch. You watch as he makes his way to the curb before getting into his car. Turning around to give you another glance, he waves once more. "I'll see you at work tomorrow!" he exclaims before getting into his car and driving away.

Turning around, you get back into your home, locking the door as you do so. Walking back to your couch, you turn off the television and finish the last of your hot chocolate. Upon finishing the drink, you go into the kitchen and place the dirty mug in the sink, rinsing it before glancing to Jimin's house.

You couldn't help but feel weird about Jungkook showing up at your house unexpected. You know he doesn't mean any harm from it, but Jimin going through what he has, you know that he won't see it the way Jungkook does. He'll see it as an attempt for Jungkook to steal you or make you cheat on Jimin. You didn't want to do anything to make Jimin feel bad and you know Jimin wouldn't do anything to hurt you on purpose.

You know that if a girl were to hit on Jimin, he wouldn't even give them a second glance. He's already proven this with his night with Hwasa. Even when you wanted him to fuck her, he still had his eyes locked on you, choosing not to even kiss her on the lips.

You nod your head to yourself and decide to be honest with Jimin about Jungkook being at your house the next time you see him.

________________________________________________________________________________