13

You let out a sigh of relief as Jungkook sat at his desk, editing the mistake on the document. You leaned against the table near the coffee machine, your lips pressed against your mug as you took a sip of the coffee in the office. You turned over to Jungkook, watching how focused he was on his work. Your head tilted in curiosity as you eyed him down. He felt your eyes on his and looked up at you, brows raised.

"Do I have a coffee stain on my shirt or something?" he asked, pushing away from his desk as he examined his shirt. You shook your head, letting out a tiny laugh.

"No, I was just thinking."

"About what?" he asked before looking back at his computer screen, clicking the mouse with his fingers.

"I was just wondering why you haven't been promoted yet," you started before you glanced over at the printer behind you, hearing the paper shuffling. You turned around on your heel, making your way towards the printer before looking back at him as the other two pages printed out. "You're the only employee who wants every document perfect. I'm just surprised is all." He shrugged before looking back up at his screen, closing the file once the pages were printed. He sauntered over to you as you picked up the pages, making sure they were in the correct order before tapping the pages onto the table, straightening them out. You handed them to him, taking a sip of your mug with the other hand as he stapled the pages and placed them onto Mr. Jung's desk.

"Oh, I mean, I'm not that much of a perfectionist. Just really like this job is all." He stated before grinning for a moment and scratching the back of his neck.

"Yeah, we both can't deny our boss is pretty easy going," you stated before looking over at him. "Was that the only document that needed fixing?" he nodded before slipping his jacket onto his shoulder, letting it dangle as he headed towards the door. He turned around to face you before he let out an awkward cough.

"Uh, yeah. That's the only thing Mr. Jung mentioned when I came into the office. I guess I'll see you tomorrow for work then?" he asked. You nodded, smiling softly before waving at him as he headed towards the exit. He gave a small smile back before waving as well.

He glanced back at you while you turned towards your desk and started heading over there. He bit down on his lower lip as he felt the urge to continue talking to you. He blinked slowly, his mouth opening to say something to you. He shook his head to himself, too shy to muster any courage to do anything. He let out a quiet sigh, his shoulders that were alert and lifted now slumping as he exited the building.

You picked up your purse, perching it onto your shoulder before you moved your hair away from your shoulder. You headed towards the exit and waved at Mr. Jung's secretary, giving him a small smile. You said a quick "thank you" to him for opening the office on such short notice. The secretary smiled widely at you while you walked out of the building.

The streets were still crowded with people moving in multiple directions. You joined the crowd, walking towards the direction of the company's parking lot. As you get to your car, you notice a small piece of paper on your car. You furrow your eyebrows as you grab it, quickly opening your car door and getting into the driver's seat. Locking the car, you sat back in the seat as your fingers fiddled with the piece of neatly folded paper.