55

You let out a soft sigh before you start to walk towards the place you've been dreading to: Jimin's house.

Bringing your hand into a fist, you manage to softly knock on his door. You glance around his front lawn as you wait for him to open the door, if he's home, that is. He hasn't reached out to you since last night.

With a soft creak, Jimin's door open and he looks at you, a blank stare on his face. You gulp and look away from him as you begin fiddling with your fingers.

"Um... can I..." you shake your head and find the courage to look him in the eyes to finish speaking. "Can I come in?" Jimin gives an uninterested nod before stepping aside, making room for you to walk into his home. Closing the door behind you, he crosses his arms over his chest and makes his way to the kitchen.

Maybe I shouldn't have woken him up at 10 in the morning to talk about this...

Arriving at his Keurig, he begins preparing a coffee for himself before looking over at you. Silently offering you a cup, he holds up his mug and arches an eyebrow. Shaking your head, your tongue glides along your lips as you awkwardly sit down onto his couch, sitting with your legs squeezed together. Your posture reflects your uneasiness with this situation: proper and tense.

Jimin sighs softly before he walks over to you, coffee in his hand as he sits on the couch next to you, but not as close as he usually does.

"So, we need to talk." You quietly mutter. Nodding his head, Jimin looks over at you.

"Yeah, we do."

"You can go first..." you state before looking over at him. Setting his coffee onto his table, he turns his body to face you as he leans back on the couch.

"Well, I don't think that me getting jealous should be an issue when you get jealous of Sowon all the time," he starts before scratching the back of his neck. "I know you think that you're an average girl... but you're not. There's a ton of guys and girls out there that would kill to date you." He states.

Reaching over to place his hand on yours, he gently gives it a squeeze as you slowly look up to face the man that has been testing your readiness for a relationship. You thought things would be easy with you two.

Sadly, things are never easy between two broken people.

"You asked me to shun Sowon essentially, and even though I didn't do it in a rude way, I still did what you wanted to make you happy," he states before licking his lips as he looks over at you. "That's why I don't understand why you made it sound so... bad... for me to ask you to do the same with Jungkook." You let out a soft sigh as he becomes quiet for a moment.

"I-"

"I'm not finished," he states before he removes his hand from yours. "I've been trying really hard to advance our relationship. I know it hasn't been a long time, but I think I've proven to you that you can trust me enough to move forward in this relationship. I'm not asking for your hand in marriage or anything, not right now anyway, but all I want is to know we're going somewhere. I set up the friend dinner, the double date, the surprise dinner with our family, and all of that was to show you that you can trust me." You bite onto your lower lip and you refrain yourself from shaking your head. Jimin grows quiet, indicating that you can speak now.

"Jimin," you start before turning to face him. "The only reason I think it's not fair for you to ask me to isolate Jungkook and not talk to him is because, yes, even though you told Sowon to back off, you didn't continue to remind her to do so." Jimin nods his head.