The Meaning of being a Hero (Short FanFic); Comfort (Fan Art)

Hello everyone, I want to try something different for this chapter and it's just making a small fanfic. I wasn't good with writing and I do get nervous about posting fanfics...😅 Got criticized a lot whenever I have to deal with grammar..However, I still want to improve my writing—so please comment if you're confused about the story or comment any advices that I can use. Hopefully this short fanfic isn't too bad—and if it is—I apologize in advance.

Alright, let's get started.
——————

"Wait. Wait. So what really happen, Kuroko?" Mikoto asked as she and Kuroko were heading to the Judgement Branch Office building. Kuroko and Mikoto were around the age of 20s, well except that Mikoto appeared to be no older than a 17 year-old girl because of the dragon blood flowing in her veins. Mikoto happened to wear a business-like outfit from her job as a mage director in Academy City, while Kuroko was wearing Anti-Skill uniform.

"Well..." Kuroko hesitated before taking a small breath, "Mori got few people injured..."

"But why? Me and Mordred have taught her not to harm people. Mori wouldn't hurt someone without any reason." Mikoto said as they went inside an office to find a girl—around the age of 9 to 10 years-old—sitting on a plush cushion while holding two sleepy baby kittens in her arms, and a female teenage student placing bandages on her bloody knees.

The girl was wearing a red t-shirt worded "Rebel King's Kid" in yellow, light brown cargo shorts, and white basket-ball shoes with red stripes. She has her brown-blonde color hair in a messy ponytail and greenish-brown colored eyes but her eyes were red from crying, assumingely, and appeared to be beaten up based from her face and arms being scratched and bleeding a little.

The girl looked up and saw Mikoto and Kuroko walking in the room, "Mama....Aunt Kuroko..."

Mikoto went to the girl and kneeled to be eye-level with her, "What happened, Mori?"

The girl's name was Morikoto, but she preferred to be call "Mori" whenever it's with her friends and family, or "Pen" occasionally.

Morikoto was holding back her tears and hanged her head down as she brought the kittens closer to her. Mikoto sat next to Morikoto, placed her on her lap, and gently hugged her with her right hand rubbing her back to soothing her. Morikoto cried a little within Mikoto's hug, but Mikoto grew worryingly.

Mikoto faced the female student, "Excuse me, but could you explain what happened to my daughter?"

The female student pulled her lips back and looked in pain before answering Mikoto's question, "The investigation is still going on...But it seems your daughter was trying to defend a small family of cats from few high school or college students who were abusing them..Shortly after that..they were knocked out..but the mother didn't survive...I..I don't know what really happened..I'm..I'm sorry, ma'am..."

"No..Thank you for telling me." Mikoto said politely as the student went to a small cubicle.

Mikoto was shocked and heart-broken...The fact that Morikoto didn't use her Esper ability to fend off the students, but perhaps the reason why Morikoto didn't do it was because she didn't want scare the cats off..And as for Morikoto' lack of response...

Morikoto idolized heroes and dreamed of being a hero herself..And realizing that she wasn't able to save the kittens' mother...Broke that dream...

"Mori? Honey?" Mikoto called out to her daughter. Morikoto shifted back to look up at her.

"Y-Yes..M-M-Mama?" Morikoto tried to calm herself down while talking to Mikoto.