The Shield vs The Spear (fanfic)

Hello everyone, I want to try to write some fighting scene to practice my storytelling. I think I mentioned that only a couple of people commented about my fanfic in this book (I personally thought that fanfic was sloppy and awkward because of my grammar. 😅)

Anyway, hopefully a little summary before going into the fanfic.

Morikoto is 13 years-old, Mordred and Mikoto is around the age of 27-30; Morikoto is friends with Jimmy Neutron (human, 14 years-old), Peter Parker (Heroic Spirit, around 35 years-old), Gwen Stacy (Heroic Spirit, 16 years-old), and Miles Morales (Heroic Spirit, 15 years-old).

I may need to change the ages later on..😅

Jimmy, Mikoto, and Peter were trying to get Jimmy's portal machine to operate in hopes of getting Morikoto back home; Mordred, Miles, and Gwen were supervising over Morikoto's statue/progress through the monitors (similar to "Kingdom Hearts: Recoded" with Jiminy Cricket's journal); and Morikoto has to deal with Motoyasu's hypocrisy before she was forced to duel with him by King Aultcray.

Hopefully this goes well and please enjoy.
______________

Morikoto was standing in the garden which it was altered to make space for the duel. She glanced around the "arena" to see noble people, knights, and some adventurers included Ren and Itsuki from the second floor.

She glared at Motoyasu as he walked out and waved to the crowd while they cheered for him.

"Sir Motoyasu! Good luck!" Myne cheered while she stands from the side-line.

Morikoto felt her anger burn as she gritted her teeth when she heard Myne's voice. She knew from the very first moment when Myne "joined" her party—she was just using her. After Morikoto exposed Myne's underhanded trick, she brushed Myne off and started grinding levels on her own with her Esper abilities in secret.

Of course, when Morikoto came back to sell remaining monster fragments that she didn't need—she faced the false accusation of trying to kill Myne and was banished. She also noticed rumors spreading around about her cheating because her level was too high for someone who only has high level status in defense, so she decided to get a slave instead of recruiting someone from town into her party.

Morikoto didn't like the idea of slavery, but she's willing to buy slaves to save their lives if she can afford. She encountered a slave merchant then Raphtalia, a raccoon demi-human slave. She helped Raphtalia not only to get back to full health and fight monster, she also trained Raphtalia by using Raphtalia's scabbard to teach her.

Morikoto couldn't wield any other weapons because the articles under legendary weapon specification stated that the heroes can only wield their assigned weapons—in other words, Morikoto can only wield shields.

"The battle between the Shield and the Spear Hero will commence with the presence of King Melromarc and the pope. The duel will end with one of the combatant is pinned or admits defeat." Said by an announcer.

"Mori-chan. I don't really like the idea to fight against girls." Motoyasu furrowed his brows, "Please, admit defeat and I won't hurt you."

This set Morikoto off. If there's one thing that Morikoto hated the most other than having people insulting her family and friends—she hates being underestimated in a official duel.

Morikoto tighten her fist, "Motoyasu. You shouldn't underestimate me just because I'm a girl..." Morikoto got into her fighting stance as Motoyasu swirled his spear around before getting into his fighting stance. "After all..."

"Ready..."

Motoyasu changed his spear into a three bladed spear while Morikoto changed her shield into a "diamond-shaped" shield.