twenty

third person.

Regarding what was said on the groupchat the night before about Julia knowing of the band that they're all in, the car ride between her and Daniel was practically silent, except for the music being playing by the radio.

Tonight was their date night, which was already falling behind in the plan Daniel had made for it. He was waiting for Julia to speak up, but once he realised she wasn't going to speak until he did, he decided to stay the first word.

"So," Daniel said, clearing his throat, "The band."

"I must say, you're a better singer than I thought," Julia replied, looking at him and smiling slightly, "Not quite the best at hiding an Instagram account with 2 million followers but i'll let it slide."

He laughed awkwardly, pulling into a car park basically in the middle of nowhere, "I had reasons for not telling you, just before you assume anything."

"Well, first of all where are we?" The girl asked, looking around the area and not seeing a car or living thing in sight, "You're not killing me now that I know, are you?"

"Yes I am, let me just get my blindfold," He said, getting out of the car as Julia furrowed her eyebrows and got out the car after him.

"In that case I know nothing about the band, what band, huh?"

"You're not dying, we're having a picnic." Daniel smiled, pulling out a picnic basket and a blanket, wrapping it around Julia, "Just so you're not cold."

The girl watched him get the rest of the things out of his car before closing it and locking it, smiling at him as he did so before he began walking to the place he had planned to take her, with her fast walking to keep up with him.

Once they reached the perfect place to sit down, the boy pulled out a little picnic blanket and laid it out on the ground, the two of them sitting down on it.

"I think you should tell me." Julia quickly said, wrapping the blanket around her more to keep herself warm, "About why you didn't tell me about the band."

Daniel sighed, placing his hands in his lap, "Well, when we first met, I already knew I wanted to be your friend or maybe even more I wasn't quite sure how I was feeling. In the past some people have used me for clout or money and so I didn't want you to do the same thing. It's not that I don't trust you and I was going to tell you, but I didn't want you to see me as some weird famous guy."

"So you hid it? For a month and a half now?" Julia asked, looking at him as he nodded.

"Taylor knew all along, we've been friends for a few years, she actually helped me with getting you to text me," He added on, scratching the back of his neck, "So it's not that I wasn't going to tell you, it's that I just wanted you to see me as some ordinary guy who doesn't go on tour and who doesn't get noticed everywhere they go."

The girl nodded, lost for words and what to say back to him. She had no reason to be mad and she wasn't, but she didn't know how to reply to all of that information hitting her at once.

"I've really never met anyone like you," She said, smiling slightly and looking at Daniel, "Not that that's a bad thing."

"Never said it was," He shrugged, smiling back at her as he held up a pack of strawberries, "Can I offer you a strawberry?"

"I would but I'm not that hungry, can we go on a walk instead?" Julia asked him, receiving a nod as they packed up their things and put them back in the car before starting their evening walk.

As soon as they started their walk, they were already talking about the band and with so much he had to say about it, Julia was interested to know basically everything about it.

She was told about the tours, the fans, the fan projects, funny moments, inside jokes and so much more. Looking over at Daniel, she realized how much the band meant to him and how excited he got when talking about it, which made her realize just how much she liked him, and even made her realize she was falling for him.

"So, now that I've said all that, tell me about you." Daniel said, taking Julia by surprise as she knew she wasn't a very interesting person.

"I don't have much to say," She laughed slightly, Daniel watching her closely, "I'd rather hear more about the band and your life."

He smiled at her, before continuing on with talking about what his life is like being in a band and as the night went on, they talked about their families, home lives, struggles, and so much more that by the end of the date they practically knew each other inside and out.

——

iMessage

julia
anna

anna
yes my bby juls

julia
i like daniel
i think

anna
finALLY
we all knew this would happen :))

——

why don't we what

daniel
guys

zach
just some gUys being dUdes

jonah
hello pretty boy

daniel
i think i like juLia

corbyn
oOp i think me and yous need a chat

jack
tHATS CUTE YES

zach
we been knew

authors note

:)))