forty-three

third person.

With the day entirely free for everyone in the group, they decided to take advantage of it and head to the fair for the afternoon, bringing everyone along including Taylor and Hudson.

Anna had been discreetly avoiding Julia, and no one had noticed this except for Julia herself, or for the first few hours thought nothing of it but was now growing really curious about why she was being avoided and ignored.

Hudson was talking to everyone, being the social butterfly of the group and becoming friends with mainly Jonah and Corbyn.

"Julsss." Daniel said, walking over to his girlfriend and wrapping his arms around her.

"Seaveyyy." Julia replied, half smiling at him as they were walking behind the group slightly.

"You look super cute today," He smiled at her, kissing her cheek and then speaking a bit more quietly, "Has something happened between you and Anna?"

Julia shook her head but shrugged, "Not that I know of. But she's been talking to Taylor a lot which is unusual for her."

"Its weird, usually she's always talking to you." Daniel said, raising one eyebrow, "Even Hudson thinks its weird."

"Hm? I think what?" Hudson turned around and faced the two of them, walking towards them, "Is this about the Anna thing?" 

"I wouldn't think too much of it." She shook her head, smiling at the both of them, "Im glad her and Taylor are actually getting along."

Hudson and Daniel both nodded their heads, glancing at each other before following the rest of the group down to the beach to watch the sunset before going on any rides back at the fair.

Seeing Anna ignore Julia made her upset, but as much as she tried to make it seem like she was fine, Daniel quickly noticed and kept a close eye on her.

"You're upset about it, aren't you?" He asked her, sitting down on the sand as she joined him.

The girl nodded, sighing and resting her head on his shoulder. She glanced over at the two other girls getting along fine, clearly in hysterics over something the other had said, and felt her stomach drop a little.

It wasn't a big thing, but it hurt Julia to know that the entire night Anna had not said a word to her. 

The night went by quickly, after watching the sunset to being at the fair, by the end of the night Daniel had one giant bear in his arms for Julia, carrying it to his car for her.

As the group was saying goodbye to each other, Anna then made her way over to Julia who was finishing up her conversation with Daniel.

"Uh, hey Julia." Anna said, pointing back at Taylor and trying het best to show a small smile, "I'm staying at Taylors tonight."

"Oh." She replied, "Why?"

"Well, I want to?" Anna furrowed her eyebrows, laughing, "You don't need to know everything."

Julia looked at her confused, watching her walk back over to Taylor and get into her car, then drive out the car park.

"Did I see that correctly?" Zach said, looking over at Julia and Daniel, "What was that about?"

"Zach not the time." Daniel said, opening the passenger door of his car for Julia, "I'll stay over at yours."

She smiled at him, getting into his car. The two of them headed to Julia's apartment for the night.

"Have you got school tomorrow?" Daniel
asked her.

"If I decide to go, then yes I do." Julia replied, looking over at him, "Why?"

"If you decide to go?" He asked, glancing at her then back at the road, "Do you not want to go?"

"Its not that, It's more like I don't feel motivated to go, or I'm not interested in going." She shrugged, looking out the window.

He nodded, arriving at the apartment complex. The two of them headed up to Julia's apartment, quickly getting into her bed and falling asleep together, well until Daniel woke back up.

He couldn't stop thinking about why Anna had suddenly gone off with Taylor, or why Julia was becoming less and less motivated to go to school, or when the perfect time would be for getting a cat.

Anna was most likely trying to make Julia jealous, that because she had spent too much time with Daniel, it was only right she spent more time with someone else, although Taylor was not seen as the person Anna would go to.

It sort of worried the boy, he was scared that Julia was going to fall downhill and move back to England because that school isn't working out for her. He knew they'd be able to manage long distance but it still worried him as he would see her less often than he liked.

Which is why he had already planned tomorrow out if she didn't want to go to school, Daniel decided he would take her to meet his family.

authors note

hi children