twenty-two

third person.

"I was thinking that maybe we could sing a song that has both a female and male part, unless you want to have a song we both like and split parts up that way," Hudson explained, writing down rough notes in his notebook before looking at Julia, who had been staring at a wall the entire time, "Julia?"

"Sure, can do whatever." Julia replied, not snapping out of the daydream she seemed to be in.

"Are you okay? You seem a little out of it." Hudson laughed slightly, scratching the back of his neck.

"Can I ask from some advice?" She asked him, finally turning and looking at him as he nodded his head yes, "If I liked someone, would it be best to tell them or hint it?"

"Tell them?" Hudson furrowed his eyebrows, putting his pen down and leaning back in his seat, "Do you think they feel the same way?"

The girl shrugged, sighing and looking at him, "No idea."

"Oh." He replied, nodding his head slowly and placing his pen down, glancing around the room, "Who do you like?"

"Do you know the band Why Don't We?" She asked him as he nodded his head yes slowly, "Daniel, in that band."

"Oh, I think you should tell him, but if you're too scared to then definitely try hint it." He smiled, "Now, let's get to this project."

Julia smiled back, nodding as the pair of them went through their spotify playlists to choose a song that both of them liked and could sing, which would show the best side of it.

And after 45 minutes of looking, the pair decided on singing rewrite the stars from the greatest showman. They both knew it had both parts and that they could sing the song without any struggles, and since they both loved the song they only knew it was right if they sing it.

Once class had finished, the girl left the school building and looked around the area, where she was greeted with Daniel waiting by his car.

She furrowed her eyebrows slightly as she made her way over to him, stopping opposite him and smiling, as he looked and smiled back, "Hi."

"Hi, I'm very confused as to why you are here, but i'm not complaining." Julia said, adjusting his beanie that he was wearing on his head, "Nice beanie."

"I just want to spend time with you, is that not allowed?" Daniel asked, opening the car for her as she rolled her eyes and smiled, then got into the car.

Once Daniel had got into the car the drivers side, he began driving, putting on a song at a low volume.

"Where are we going then?" She asked, pulling the sleeves of her hoodie over her hands, looking over at him as he smiled slightly.

"So you know on our date how you said you liked photography," Daniel replied, Julia nodding and not being sure where this would be going, "I kind of need some new photos for my instagram. You can use my camera and everything, if you're up for it?"

"Hm, what's in it for me?" She raised her eyebrows, pulling out her phone from her pocket.

"We can get food afterwards." The boy replied, hesitant at what to give as a return for the photoshoot.

"I was joking but sure I can go with some food."

After the car journey had finished, Daniel stopped his car right by a handful of huge rocks, all stacked up on top of each other to form a mountain liked feature. From the back of his car, he pulled out a camera for Julia to use, handing it to her as she took a look at the scenery.

"We're not climbing up them are we?" She asked him, the boy smiled and nodded as he locked up his car and began walking over to them, the girl following slowly behind him.

The photoshoot didn't last anymore than two hours, the sun was quickly setting and it had began getting cold before they knew it. Julia had successfully managed to get just the right amount of photos before they both went back to his car to drive to the nearest place to eat.

They stopped by a small looking diner, it's theme being red and white to give off a half retro vibe. Sitting in a booth by the back corner of the place, they ordered a big bowl of fries to share, catching up on each other's week.

"When are you next going on tour then?" Julia asked, taking a sip out of her milkshake that she ordered, "And where are you going to go?"

"Next is Europe, we're going in October." Daniel smiled, leaning his arms on the table, "You can come with if you want, then you can visit your family whilst we are stopping in England."

"You'd get on well with my brother, and I think my sister likes your band," She replied, smiling at him, a small hint of blush showing on her cheeks.

"I think you'd like my siblings, especially Anna, I also think Anna and Anna would become friends quite quickly." The boy laughed, Julia laughing too as their food arrived at the table.

The two of them ate their food, continuing their conversation about each other's families and also talking about pets. Julia told Daniel all about how she misses her cats back home and she'd love a cat in America, but with the struggles of being at school and being in England most times, she couldn't risk it.

Then Daniel had the idea. The idea to get her a kitten that he could keep at his, without the worry of Julia getting paranoid about how her cat would be doing, as it would be in safe hands.

He just had to figure out when was the right time to get her one, even if it was months from now.

authors note

btw, i changed julia's brothers name to oliver,
just so anyone who read the previous chapter before i changed his name isn't confused in future chapters.  <3