forty-two

imessage

anna
taylor

-

hey taylor

oh hey are you okay?

yeah just thought i'd message you
as julia doesn't seem to be wanting to
message me

is she with daniel?

yeah i think so
i don't actually know

i heard she met this new girl
and apparently they're becoming
really close friends

oh how do you know that?

i was talking to corbyn about it
a few days ago

oh

you didn't know about it?

i don't get told anything so nope

oh
maybe we should start hanging out?
as like a way to make julia jealous

i don't wanna make her jealous
we'll always be best friends shes just
busy meeting new people and that's fine

she might replace you though

she wouldn't she isn't like that

she might, people change quick these
days

this seems like you're trying to convince me

no no i'm just trying to help you out
we haven't been on the best terms

yeah you're right

do you want to watch some movies
i'm not doing anything today

yeah i'm not doing anything either
i'll come over?

yeah i'll see you in a bit

——

third person.

"You and Zach would look so cute together." Taylor said to Anna, handing her a glass of water and sitting down.

"I guess so." Anna shrugged, avoiding most conversations Taylor was trying to start so she could get more answers.

Anna was more upset than anything, a part of her had believed she was slowly losing her best friend, and what made her feel worse was that she turned to Taylor, even though she was aware of the consequences.

"Julia was talking about you the other day." Taylor said, taking a small sip of her water and looking at Anna, "Most of it was good things."

"Most?" Anna asked, furrowing her eyebrows before shaking her head, "Nope. No, not going to believe you."

"No, you can trust me." Taylor reassured her, giving her a soft smile, "Julia said you were a very loyal person, but she said you get in the way a lot of what she's doing and you make her feel restricted."

"Did she actually? Or are you making it up?" Anna asked, sighing even though from what it seemed like at the moment, what Taylor was saying could be the truth.

"I swear on my dogs life." Taylor said, "I wouldn't want to lose my dog."

"But she doesn't seem like someone who would do that." She shrugged, shaking her head and looking up at Taylor, "She isn't that type of person."

"I did say a few weeks ago that she acts sweet when she really isn't." Taylor nodded, raising her eyebrows, "If I were you I would confront her about it."

"I'll leave it for a few days," Anna said, leaning back in the chair, "I can't just assume from what I've heard. I know her better than that."

"Maybe you should know better though."

"Huh?" Anna looked at her, "I just said I know her better than that. What do you mean I should know better?"

"I mean that you probably don't know her better than you think, and you should be more cautious of who you become friends with." Taylor explained, trying to make some sense.

"For once, I'm actually going to take your advice." Anna laughed slightly at herself, looking at Taylor, "Thanks."

Taylor smiled back at her, and the two of them continued hanging out for the rest of the afternoon, planning days together and deciding what to do with the relationship between Zach and Anna.

Even though only a few hours ago they were not too fond of each other, by each minute they seemed to be growing closer and closer.

authors note

uhhh ohhh