fifty-four

third person.

"Would you be mad if I dropped out of school?"

"Um, yes." Hudson said, turning around to face her as he furrowed his eyebrows, "You're not doing that. Please tell me you're joking."

Julia gave him a slight shrug, a half smile showing on her face as the boy rolled his eyes and shook his head, which had only made Julia feel worse about the whole dropping out situation.

"What's happening?" Taylor asked, coming over to the situation.

Taylor, Julia and Hudson had all decided to hang out for the day. It was originally Julia and Hudson's plan but once Taylor had found out about it, she was begging to come and hang out with them too.

The three of them were sat in a small coffee shop, and Julia saw this as the perfect time to tell Hudson about her plans for school.

"Nothing that you need to worry about." Hudson said to Taylor, giving a smile as he looked back at Julia, "Seriously?"

"You can't make me stay where I don't want to be." Julia said, "It's stressful and I don't even go in half the time."

"How else am I supposed to see you often?" Hudson asked, putting his phone on the table, "It's mainly the only place I see you."

"We can see each other whenever, we don't need to rely on school to see each other." She raised one eyebrow, taking a small sip of her drink, "I don't want to be at school anymore."

"Yes but I enjoy seeing you, you're my best friend Julia."

"What am I?" Taylor asked, interrupting the conversation, "Aren't we all best friends?"

Hudson furrowed his eyebrows, looking at her then shrugging, "Sure, yeah. Can you just let us have this conversation for like five minutes?"

"Oh yeah sure, I need another drink anyway." Taylor said, smiling as she got up to get another drink from the front of the store.

Hudson looked back at Julia as he sighed, seeing a look of sadness yet disappointment on the girls face which had only made him feel bad about what he had said.

"I just thought you'd be a little more supportive and comforting, that's all." She shrugged, avoiding eye contact.

"I am supportive, I'm not mad you just took me by surprise and you didn't have a reason for it."

Julia shook her head, unable to believe that he wasn't mad from the conversation they had previously had. She had already felt bad about leaving him alone in the school, but she also knew that she didn't want to go there anymore because of the way that it could affect her mental health.

"I don't know why you're this affected by it." Julia replied, crossing her arms as she glanced around the store, "It's really not the end of the world."

"I'm affected by it because you're leaving the only place where I'm not close to anyone else, It's the only way I see you without anyone else interrupting us." Hudson explained, putting his head in his hands.

"Why should it matter if anyone else interrupts us?" Julia tilted her head, confused at what he meant but also trying to get to the bottom of why he seemed to be more affected by it than she did.

"Because it just does."

"What?" Julia asked.

"Because I like you, Julia." Hudson said, looking up at her, "And I know you're dating Daniel and that's why I didn't want to tell you but I like you, that's why."

Taylor had made her way back to the table, overhearing what Hudson had said but decided not to say anything about in case it made either of them uncomfortable.

Julia hadn't got the chance to say anything back, of course Hudson knew that she didn't like him back, which is part of the reason why he didn't want to say but now that he did he had regretted it, and feared that he might have ruined their friendship.

"Please say something." Hudson said as Julia looked back at him, "We're still friends right?"

"Obviously we're still friends." She said, rubbing the back of her neck, "But you know I'm dating Daniel."

"Yeah and I know how much you love him which is why I don't want to get in the way of that, I'm happy for you both and I wouldn't want to ruin your relationship." Hudson explained.

She nodded, looking away from him again as Taylor was closely listening to the conversation. From what she had heard, she went straight to the conclusion that Hudson and Julia had been up to something secretive.

And even if they didn't do anything behind anyone's back, Taylor thought the best thing to do was warn everyone.

"I have to go." Taylor said, getting up from her chair, "I'll see you later."

Hudson and Julia both said their goodbyes to her as she walked out the store, feeling a little uneasy as she had left the two of them alone even after the awkward conversation they had, but Taylor had things to do.

Even if it meant she'd ruin some connections between other people.

authors note

so
what dya think is gonna hAppen :)