twenty-nine

third person.

With being an eight hour flight away from family, Julia took the time to facetime them and let them know what was happening in her life, or mostly everything.

As Hazel was surprisingly a big fan of Daniel's band, Why Don't We, Julia had to be cautious on spilling too much, because although she trusted her a sister a lot there was a lot of worry that it could still be spread around the fandom.

"Dad and mum are coming they'll be a few minutes," Hazel said as their call connected, Julia nodding as she saw Anna run over to the laptop.

"I heard Hazel and came as fast as I could," Anna said, sitting down next to Julia and looking at the screen, "Hey hey."

"Hey, so do any of you want to update me on Daniel and his band? Is there anything new?" Hazel asked, looking through the screen as Oli and their parents sat down by their laptop.

"Actually, Julia and Danie-"

"Nope, nothing new." Julia interrupted Anna, nudging her arm slightly as she started speaking to her parents who had finally joined her sister.

"How is school?" Her mum asked her, smiling slightly and sighing, "When are you coming back to visit?"

Julia could tell that she was being deeply missed by her mother, having held a close relationship to her over her childhood, her flying eight hours away wasn't something her parents wanted, but agreed with to make their daughter happy.

"School is quite fun, I've made a few friends and I've got a project due for tomorrow." Julia said, "I'll come visit as soon as I can."

"I don't know how much longer I can deal with Oliver sitting in my room and talking to me about his day." Hazel rolled her eyes, laughing as she looked over at Oli, who wasn't the slightest bit impressed.

"You've just got to seem interested, sometimes you get some funny stories." The girl replied, Hazel nodding and shrugging.

"Or just ignore him and eventually Oli will get the hint." Anna added on, smiling at Oli as he gave a sarcastic smile back.

"We need to go though, we've got people coming over." Anna moved the laptop screen in her direction, noticing Julia look at her confused.

"We do?" Julia asked, Anna nodding and saying bye to everyone.

"Don't wreck the apartment." Julia's dad, Martin, said, "Be careful with it."

After saying goodbye to Julia's family and putting the laptop away in a safe place, Julia was now following Anna around to get an answer of who was supposedly coming over.

"I know this isn't the biggest apartment, but I want to do a big movie night, with everyone." Anna said, turning around to face her best friend and smiling, noticing the look on Julia's face, "Julia, please."

"I was hoping we go do something together, we haven't really done anything just us two." She sighed, fiddling with a ring on her finger as Anna's smile slowly turned into a frown.

"Tomorrow night?" Anna asked, "I just thought it would be nice to see our friends."

"Tomorrow night." Julia nodded, holding her pinky out for Anna to join with hers, making a promise together to do something with just the two of them.

"I thought we were about to have an argument then, you scared me." Anna laughed slightly, placing her hand on her chest, "You seemed so sad."

"I could never be mad at you, you know that." Julia said, squishing Anna's face and laughing before going off to the kitchen, "Do we even have snacks?"

The two girls grabbed whatever they had from their cupboards and prepared some snacks. They finished with a variety of foods from something as simple as popcorn to something the two had prepared themselves, cookie dough bites.

After a half an hour wait for everyone to arrive, the door was opened and a group of 8 people walked in, all making noise and taking a seat around the TV.

"You guys have to be quiet, we don't want a noise complaint." Anna said, rolling her eyes and pulling her blanket over herself, making sure Zach was warm too.

"Sorry, sorry. We're just excited." Corbyn said, placing his arm around Christina, "What movies are we watching?"

"Yeah, fill us in." Daniel took a seat next to his girlfriend, kissing her cheek gently and smiling before moving his attention back to the group.

"We were thinking we all choose as a group, we didn't want to take charge of everything." Julia shrugged, discussions quickly starting around the group as no one had a specific movie in mind.

Many minutes passed and the group hadn't gotten any further with actually choosing something to watch and finally decided on just sitting and talking to each other, as they had all realised they didn't know that much about anyone.

Tour was only a week or two away, Julia and Anna were yet to decide whether or not they'd go with the band or not, but considering how happy they were with their new group of friends, their answer seemed pretty clear.

authors note

hi possible double update tonight