forty-five

third person.

After the previous two nights of Daniel staying at Julia's apartment. He finally went home to pack for the Asia tour seeing as he only had a few days to go before he left.

Julia was left alone in her apartment patiently waiting for Anna to come back. She had already cleaned twice and now was pacing around with nothing else to do.

After fifteen minutes, the door finally opened and in walked Anna, she gave a half smile to Julia before walking off towards her room.

"Can you just talk to me for a minute." Julia spoke up, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear, "Just a minute."

Anna turned around to face her, sighing and then looking up at her best friend who seemed to be more distressed than anything else.

"Taylor told me about what you said." Anna said, avoiding any trace of eye contact.

"What?" Julia furrowed her eyebrows, crossing her arms.

"Taylor told me about what you said." Anna repeated herself, turning back around and walking into her room.

"I heard what you said the first time." Julia followed her, "What do you mean what I said?"

"That you don't want me here and you want me back in England." Anna rolled her eyes, looking at Julia as she watched her shake her head, "I know, I found it hard to believe too."

"You believed it?!" Her eyes widened as Anna nodded, "Why would I want you to move back to England?"

"It seems like you're having great fun without me so why wouldn't I believe Taylor?" She shrugged, placing down her phone.

"I invite you everywhere. The only time I don't hang out with you is when I'm at school and when I'm with Daniel." Julia explained.

"Exactly, Daniel. You're always with him, when did we last hang out just us two?"

"He's my boyfriend? Sometimes I want time with just him."

"And the rest of the boys?"

"We're always there together. I never see all of them without bringing you along."

"Yeah and even then you just ignore me, like that party, you suddenly ran off and didn't talk to me for the rest of the night."

"Sorry, I disappeared?" Julia asked, being taken back slightly by what Anna said, "You mean the party where as soon as we got there you ran off with Zach?"

"Ok fine, I'll admit to that one, but the other times it was all your fault." Anna raised her eyebrows, "I don't want to be someone you can just run to when no one else is free."

"You're not, but you seem to have forgotten that one time you ditched the plans we had arranged for someone else." Julia sighed, leaning against the doorframe.

"They were a lot more caring than you are." Anna mumbled, sighing and looking up at Julia.

Anna had instantly regretted what she had said, even though at though at first she had thought Julia didn't hear what she said, it was clear she had after seeing her go silent and tilt her head down, something Anna knew she does to avoid anyone seeing her cry.

"I didn't-" Anna sighed, "I didn't mean it like that."

Julia shrugged, unable to get any type of response out that could help this small argument they were currently in the middle of. She rubbed the back of her neck before crossing both her arms again and sighing, looking back up at Anna with teary eyes.

"Are you saying I don't care about you?" She softly said, "I don't care?"

"No, I didn't think before I spoke. I didn't mean it, please." Anna replied, walking towards Julia as she raised her eyebrows.

"But you thought it, didn't you?" Julia asked as Anna stopped in her tracks and glanced around the room.

"Well, I thought a lot more than just that, if i'm being honest." She said, sighing.

"I don't want to make anything worse right now ok? It's just how i'm feeling because I feel like I've suddenly been kicked to the curb and forgotten about. You know you're my best friend and you know how much I love you and how much I do care about you." Anna continued, trying her best to comfort Julia  but blatantly failing.

"I honestly don't know what to believe." Julia shrugged, a small sarcastic laugh coming out her mouth, "I thought we agreed to not believe Taylor."

The girl looked away from Julia, glancing around her room and furrowing her eyebrows then placing her palm on her forehead, "LA has changed you so much."

"Taylor has changed you." She replied, finally walking out of Anna's room and heading into her own.

And so, the apartment was filled with silence for the next half hour, Julia was sitting on her bed wondering what to do with herself whilst sat without her best friend and Anna had began packing her suitcase, still believe every word Taylor had said to her.

They didn't consider themselves to have "fallen out" and they were obviously still best friends, all they saw of it was a small bump in the road, their first argument.

Another half hour had passed and Anna finally left her room, closing that door and then heading towards the front door, making sure she left and shut it loud enough for Julia to hear.

Leaving her left alone in complete silence.

authors note

my bbys:((