Sect Leader Lan 04

"Oh my, young master Wei surely is very polite, isn't he? I wonder what a wonderful parents you must have had for their son to be this impressive. I hope my little children will one day be just as much of a gentleman as you are, young master Wei."

"Oh please, stop with the formalities Madam Lan. I am really not used to them. I am just a humble man, travelling on my own. I don't deserve the title of young master. My birth name is Wei Ying. My given, courtesy, name is WuXian. I am asking you to just call me Wei Ying. No formalities needed."

"Alright. Wei Ying it is then."

"Madam, you really have beautiful house. The gentians are blooming just as beautifully here. Although, their dark colour is a little contrast to the white walls and clouds of Cloud Recesses." Wei Ying said with a small smile on his face. Then, memory of Lan An came back to him, and his eyes and smile became melancholic.

"The whole Cloud Recesses is beautiful. Just like it was so many years ago..."
The little change in his eyes and smile, unfortunately, did not go unnoticed by Madam Lan. But she chose not to comment on it. She knew it must have been something painful, for Wei Ying to suddenly became so silent.

From the short time they were together, Madam Lan came to realization, that Wei Ying is one big ball of a sunshine. He is always talking about anything and everything. Always shoving all of his emotions. Nothing like the stick-in-the-muds men of this sect. Yet... What he just said was quite concerning. 'Just like it was so many years ago.' What does that mean? Wasn't this the first time he is in Cloud Recesses? He even asked that old geez -ehem- Lan Elder where he was. He said that he was lost...

"Madam Lan, are you all right? You seemed to be daydreaming just now. Or maybe it is nausea? The baby is all right, right?" Madam Lan was pulled out of her daydreaming by the worried and fussing Wei WuXian himself. It was quite amusing, she must say.

"A-Ahah... Yes I am all right. I was just thinking about something. Please do not worry yourself about me. Let's just enjoy our tea, shall we?"

"Of course." And the smile, that rivals the Sun itself is back. Madam Lan was sure she became blind that very moment. Suddenly, there were little footsteps and there came little boy, not older than five years old. He had brown eyes like his mother and dark hair.

"Ah. Mother, you have a guest?"

"A guest?" From behind the boy, came tall man with dark black hair long just above his hips. On his head was white ribbon with flying silvery blue clouds, just like the boy and Madame Lan has.

"My lady...?"

"Husband..."

Wei Ying really is an idiot, isn't he? A man and a woman, sitting alone in secluded house, away from the eyes of every human being in this world. How does this look for someone who just came? So he really isn't surprised when the tall man, now Sect Leader QuingHeng-Jun, glares holes in his soul, and tries to kill him with just that look alone. Killing is prohibited in Cloud Recesses, after all.

"And who are you?" Wei Ying stood up and with practiced ease bows perfectly in front of said man.

"This one's name is Wei Ying, courtesy WuXian. Wei WuXian greets Sect Leader Lan and would like to assure him that nothing happened between this servant and your wife. We were just drinking tea and telling each other stories from our life. I must say, Sect Leader, you truly have an amazing wife. This one hopes, sect leader will not mistreat her."