Can you teach me as well? 08

I am really sorry for the long wait. The school is killing me. I hope I will be able to update this story more often from now on.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

When Baoshan Sanren saw him, she thought she was hallucinating. 'He hasn't changed at all...'
In the next moment they were hugging each other with enough strength to break bones. Fortunately that didn't happened.

"H-How are you.. How? I saw you d-die that d-day. W-We thought th-that we lost you forever. Whe-Where have you been? All these years... Centuries... I..."

"You were alone. I know. I know it hurts. I know you were lonely. No matter how many children you saved from the harsh street life... You were always lonely. Because you knew one day they will grow older than you. And than they will die. I understand. I know that feeling very well. You don't have to say anything anymore. I am so sorry for leaving you all alone. You and the others too. I hope you can forgive this little old me for letting you suffer just as much as I had."

As they were speaking and crying, they didn't notice the little crowd (containing of toddlers, children, teenagers, middle aged and elders) that started to gather in a circle around them. All the present could only look on hopelessly with wide eyes. So much that you would think their eye-balls will dropp out from their eye caps any moment. This is the first time seeing their master cry like a little helpless girl who finally found her father (mother) after getting lost in the crowd for two minutes. Truly you don't see this everyday. And they are not imbeciles. They were and still are the students of one and only Baoshan Sanren. From their sort conversation, the people could already tell... This beautiful being in front of them is also immortal like their master. And he seems to be even older than her... Wait... How old is Baoshan Sanren anyway? How come no one ever asked? Well... I guess a lady's age is her own secret, that's why.

____________•°•°•°•______________

After the heartwarming hugs, tears and words, Wei Ying together with Baoshan Sanren and her disciples made their way back to the old building. Once they were inside with served tea, the questions came.

"Wei Ying... I want to... How are you here? How are you... Alive?"

"I am immortal. I thought you already knew that."

"Of course I knew. So am I. But I know that if a spiritual sword is pierced through my heart or my head is cut off, I would without a doubt die. And yet... Here you are... Alive as if it never happened. How?"

"I am sure you know the answer to that. You killed a demon, didn't you? That is why your golden core was able to give you immortality."

After a short pause, where Baoshan Sanren seemed to be thinking abou the right words to say, she finally spoke again.

"Yes , I killed a demon. Yet I am not immortal like you. I can die. There are many ways to kill me. The way you died... or at least we thought you died... Is one of them. So... How are you still alive?"

"That you already know, right? You were at Burial Mounds. And you read the old runes and scrolls."

"Yes... I was there... And I... I... I'm so sorry you had to go through something like that. I am so sorry I didn't realised just how much you were suffering. I wish I could have helped you. How... How...." Baoshan Sanren kneeled in front of her old master with new wave of tears streaming down her face. She was apologizing for something that wasn't her fault. For something she had no power over. There was nothing she could do. And Wei Ying wasn't that type of human who could stand this. Quickly he came to her, helped her stand up from her kneeling position and hugger her. He hugged her tight, but gently at the same time. Just like father (MOTHER!) would do. Not that he knew that feeling of being hugged by your father.

"Shhhhh.... It is alright. There was  nothing you could do. Heck, you weren't even born at that time. Hahahaha. So stop apologising. I was gone for so long. We should catch up with the time we lost. What changed when I was gone? Expect for you becoming this beautiful? Hahahahaha."

"Wei Ying! You really never change! Stop saying things like that!"

"Why? It is true after all."

"Wei Ying!" Only boisterous laughter was her answer.

____________•°•°•°•______________

Wei Ying stayed with Baoshan Sanren in Celestial Mountain a long time. More precisely he stayed with her and her disciples for 5 years.

In those 5 years he began teaching the little ones. Especially Xiao XingChen for this little boy was the very first one to gather courage and ask him directly. And he can't be more proud of him. That bay was making progress almost at the same pace as Lan An.

But he couldn't stay here forever. Although everyone was convincing him he should stay forever (literally, with Baoshan Sanren) he could not. He was a free spirit after all. Not one to be caged forever. And Baoshan Sanren knew this, that is why she didn't try to stop him when she saw him descending her... their Celestial Mountain.

Wei Ying couldn't be happier. He was back for like... What? 6 years? And he was already blessed to meet so many interesting and kind people. There was no war, no conflicts, just peace. But he couldn't shake the feeling that it wouldn't stay peaceful for long. Not with the Wens being the ones who wanted him back. Who wanted his power...