He is immortal! 10

You could see QuingHeng-Jun walking alone with a sour expression walking in corridors of Cloud Recesses these days. No one knew what was the reason behind that black cloud of despair on his head. Their sect leader clearly had something bothering him, but no one dared approach him. He was their sect leader after all...
But it wasn't long before everyone found out the reason behind this... situation their sect leader was in. Wei WuXian came back. Which means their second young master won't even look at anyone else.... Once again.

"What now? What to do now that my son (again) loves Wei Ying more them me... I am his father for god's sake!!! This just isn't fair!"

Or at least that is what she thought was going on inside her husband's head. They are currently sitting in front of her cottage drinking tea, while their sons are... Somewhere. Wherever Wei Ying is. She couldn't help the little smile when she looked at her husband. What was this silly behaviour? He was a sect leader, right? And he is acting like it. The only time she could see him sulking like little child was now. When Wei Ying was in Cloud Recesses. When their sons (both of them. But Lan Zhan slightly more. Which is why Lan XiChen is teasing him constantly) were much more interested in that mysterious rogue cultivator then in their studies or even their parents.

She should be depressed just like her husband is. She wish she could feel exactly like him. She really does. But it's just impossible for her. She can't help it when A-Xian is just so CUTE! She doesn't know when it started. But she started to think of him as her own son. And she knows her husband feels the same way about him. It's just that Lan's are naturally possessive and jealous beings. It's silly. Really. But it is also one of the things she came to love about this man sitting in front of her.

It's odd though... She remembers Wei Ying saying the same thing today when he came to greet her. That possessiveness
and silly jealousy is one of the things he loved about Lans. But didn't he say when they first met that he wasn't in Cloud Recesses before? He told  Xiao Wang (Elder Lan if you remember him) that he was lost when they first met, did he not? No. She is sure he did. Also...

'The whole Cloud Recesses is beautiful. Just like it was so many years ago...'

Were his words when they were drinking tea together. It was nine years ago when he 'first' came to Cloud Recesses. Come to think of it... It really was nine years since they last saw each other but Wei Ying hadn't changed at all. He didn't grow older either. He still looks like 20 years old, good looking man. Now, how is that possible? Even if he is a powerful cultivator, after 9 years he should at least show some changes in his appearance. Right? Everyone did.

Even her husband and it was world wide knowledge, that Lans are aging even slower then other cultivators. What? Also the thing he said... And his eyes which looks like they are holding the knowledge of many years, no... centuries. Far from what a 20 years old boy's eyes should look like...  The far away look in his eyes...
Melancholic smile...
As if he was remembering something he would rather forget forever...

Then, it was as if thread snapped in front of her eyes.... The thread snapped with a loud noise, and the next thing she knew was the worried look and voice of her husband, as tears started running down her cheeks.  Only when her husband finally, FINALLY hugged her close to his chest with his strong arms, was she able to utter the truth... The three words that she couldn't even imagine she would ever say. For she never even imagined she would meet someone like Wei Ying.

"My lady, what is wrong. What happend? Why the tears?"

Silent whisper, so silent even she had problem to hear it left her lips.

"...he is immortal..."

"I'm sorry. What was it my lady? I didn't hear you."

"Husband..."

"Yes?"

"He is immortal."

"What? What are you saying my love?"

"It's Wei Ying. Our Wei Ying... He is immortal......."

There was a long silence where QuingHeng-Jun was taking in the information.

"How... Where did this came from?"

"Don't tell me you didn't notice. How he sometimes says some words which aren't used anymore but were commonly used like... 2 000 years ago.
Or how he says that he is glad there are not conflicts in this time.
Or how he said he was not in Cloud Recesses before, but could come back to my cottage AT NIGHT without anyone showing him around the first day he was here. He sawed me from Xiao Wang that time.
Or how he sometimes smiles with so much sadness in his eyes I have the urge to cry for him for he clearly can't cry anymore. It doesn't matter how much he is trying to pretend he is alright. You can see it all clearly in his eyes. You can see how much he is suffering. Why didn't we noticed earlier?" 

By the time she was done with her speech, she was already crying openly, not caring about the choking sobs leaving her lips.

"I did notice. I also noticed the way he is looking at Lan Zhan. Like he knew him from the very start. Or how he was able to read him even better then A-Huan. And A-Huan is better at reading Lan Zhan then both of us combinated."

"Hahahah. Yes that too..."

Her crying has subsided in her husband's arms. And then after 2 minutes or so she stopped completely.

"Thank you, husband."

"There is nothing you should be thanking me for, my love."

"But my love...?"

"Yes, husband?"

"You see, reach immortality is the dream of every cultivator. The only one who is known to be immortal is Baoshan Sanren and Yiling Patriarch. But both of them were not present in this world for such a long time, right?"

"Yes. That is true."

"If it's true, than why deos Wei Ying look like he wished he was never here. Like he hated being immortal. Should he be... I don't know... Happy that he was able to reach the very peak of Cultivation itself?"

"I don't know, husband. It is true that we cultivators have always been told, that immortality is gift from Gods. That it is the peak of cultivation. But when I see Wei Ying I just can't help it an think that... What if that's not true. Just imagine it.
If you were immortal... You would have family, friends, people and places you knew... They would all be lost in time.
And you would just be there, watching as the world is moving on while.... You can't.
When I think about it... When I think that this is what A-Xian is feeling, what he is living... I can't help it but cry for him. For there is nothing else that I could do to make him feel better. Only be here for him while I still can."

"Don't worry dear. Now that you told me all this... I feel the same way. We can do nothing for him expect listen to his worries. He is our future son-in-law after all. "

"Hahahaha. Husband you know what?"

"What is it my love?"

"I was thinking the same thing. We can't let our future son-in-law suffer all alone, right?"

"Of course. We will be here for him when his husband won't. Although... I doubt A-Zhan will let him out of his sight for more than five minutes..."

Loud laughter of man and woman was coming from the Gentians Cottage that day.

Somewhere in Cloud Recesses, Lan Qiren... "Loud noise is prohibited....... Why am I even trying.....?"