First step into the past... 20

The peaceful times were about to end. It all started with an attack on Lotus Pier. Fortunately, Sect Leader Jiang, his wife and two children and some disciples escaped alive. On the other side, they have to keep hiding like criminals. The great Yunmeng Jiang Sect has fallen. Lotus Pier is now occupied by the Wen's. This information is now acknowledged by the public. The five great Sects are going to war, and together with them even minor Sects which are ready to fight with their lives. Yunmeng Jiang, LanLing Jin, Qinghe Nie and Gusu Lan are now fighting against Qishan Wen. Even with so much numbers, they still couldn't fight without losing many skilled cultivators. Not only that, it seemed like Qishan Wen Sect was winning. And they were. Everyone was worried what will happen next. It was than, when another big fight was held, and sword of one Wen Sect disciple came dangerously close to Lan Zhan, that a blade as black as ebony sliced Wen Sect disciples throats open like cutting a butter. They say that anything is allowed in love and war. But for only one sword to end lives of more than twenty cultivators without any trouble in less than 10 seconds... Everyone would be frightened. Even people on the same side as the owner of that ebony black sword. There were rumours spreading like wildfire, that immortal cultivator, Yilling Patriarch no less, was on their side. Everyone knew he was powerful. But this was just something completely different. With ebony black sword in hand, black and red robes dirtied by blood of his enemies, sparkling red eyes and black hair swaying lightly in the chilly wind, Wei WuXian looked like a demon from old tales. Beautiful, but also frightening. They were fighting for two hours before the Yilling Patriarch arrived. With his help, the fight ended in less than 20 minutes. By the end of the fight, there were some Wen prisoners, sect leaders, HanGuang-Jun and Yilling Patriarch sitting inside a big tent. In front of the Wen's stood a beautiful lady with name Wen Qing. These Wen's weren't like the normal war prisoners. They came to them and gave themselves up. Not only healers and elders, but women and children too. After a long talk, the Wen's were eventually escorted into different tents. The only remaining ones were Wen Qing and her brother Wen Ning. Everyone was exhausted and bruised. Many died in this battle, but many were saved thanks to these two skilled healers. That also one of the reasons why they accepted their plea to stay out of war and cut all their ties with other Wen Sect members. The only question was, where they will be living from now on. That's when Wei Ying spoke for the first time that day.

"They can live in Burial Mounds. No one will bother them there. No one dares to go there."

Everyone was surprised by this proposal. It was known worldwide that Burial Mounds are not suitable for living. Why would he suggest something like this? But no one was confident enough to ask him that. Expect for sect leader Jiang, Jiang FengMian.

"With all due respect, young master Wei. How could they survive in Burial Mounds. That place is... Well... Full of resentful energy which is harmful to the body."

If it were under different circumstances, Wei Ying would laugh at being called 'young master'. He is hundred percent sure he is the oldest one out of them all.

"There is a place suitable for growing vegetables. The resentful energy is kept away from that place by a barrier I created."

This seemed reasonable enough. The next day, Wen remnants were escorted to the Burial Mounds by Yiling Patriarch himself.

The Wen remnants were all nervous. No one believes there is a place suitable for living in a hell on earth. That's why when they saw the Living Corpse Barrier around Burial Mounds, everyone was asking themselves if they would live to see the sun tomorrow. Imagine what a surprise it was, when after like 30 minutes walking on a pitch black ground, among dead trees, plants and decaying bodies, the finally saw it. The grass was more green than they have ever seen. They could feel the air lifting as breathing became once again easier. There were threes, plants birds and animals... All alive. All living. In the center of the Burial Mounds. How is this possible? Wei Ying could read the question 'How' from heir faces.

"Burial Mounds wasn't always like this. Like a dead country. It was a beautiful place on earth like any other."

It was Wen Qing who asked next.

"Than... What happened?"

"What always happens when people are too greedy. Something, that is happening right now."

Feeling more confident in the presence of Wei Ying's slight smile directed at them with the eyes full of serenity and love, some of them asked what everyone was wondering.

"Something that is happening right now?"

"What is it?"

"A war."