Wei Guo - ZuiLai ... 19

I decided to slowly rewrite this story. I won't be changing anything (for now) just correcting some grammar mistakes. Since I am writing this on my phone, sometimes I forgot to check if the autocorrect didn't change my words to something else. I will be updating new chapters, don't worry (still from my phone) but slowly, I will try to get rid of all the grammar mistakes.
Enjoy the chapter. ♥️

Lan Zhan was not very happy with the little detour Wei Ying decided to make. What could he possibly want in Yilling Burial Mounds? That place was soaked in resentful energy. Nothing good can come out of this. But Lan Zhan can do this for Wei Ying. He can go to the hell itself and face the devil if Wei Ying is with him. That's why he just can't accept Wei Ying's plan to make him wait outside the Burial Mounds. Why can't he go with him? He could help him. In all these years, Lan Zhan has become stronger. He can help Wei Ying and protect him. Does Wei Ying not trust him enough? The mere thought of Wei Ying not trusting him makes his heart bleeding. He is also worried about the resentful energy. What if it will harm Wei Ying once he steps in that place? But to Lan Zhan's utter disbelieve, instead of trying to consume him once he left Lan Zhan's side and stepped into Burial Mounds, the resentful energy seemed like it was welcoming him. And Wei Ying smiled. He smiled as resentful energy embraced his body, not harming him but welcoming and giving him strength. Lan Zhan couldn't be more confused, as Wei Ying walked deeper into the Burial Mounds, disappearing from his sight.

As Wei Ying made his way through the Burial Mounds, one thought appeared in his head. It was a thought about what he will find once he gets to his destination, also known as his brother's grave. Soon, he found himself in front of the ruined palace deep down inside the Burial Mounds. Even from ruins, you can tell it was once magnificent palace with wide gardens. He made his way to through the palace, finally arriving at one part of vast gardens which resembles once commonly used forbidden city, where Emperor's concubines resided. Ignoring the Phoenix Palace which was meant for Empress, he made his way to the second palace, meant for Imperial Noble Consort. Once there he headed towards bed chamber of Imperial Noble Consort and under the bed, there was hidden entrance to a secret room, where his brother should be resting. But his little hope was quickly crushed into tiny pieces. The room was empty. Well... He was kind of expecting this. But a man can hope, right? Despair can wait. Now he has crazy brother to find and little husband to fetch and get back to Cloud Recesses. He found Lan Zhan dutifully waiting for him.

"Lan Zhaaaaaaan! I'm done. Can we go now?"

"Mm."

"'Mm' you say..." He really wishes Lan Zhan would talk more. Miscommunication was always their biggest problem after all.
The rest of their road was peacefull. No other detours and no resentful spirits or corpses to be seen. Soon, they were in front of the famous wall with 3000 rules carved on it. This is the only thing Wei Ying will never understand. Why so many rules. And some of them are really unimportant and ridiculous. For example 'No running'. If you don't let a little kids feel the pain of bruised knees from fall, how can you teach them what pain is. You can't teach them why they shouldn't be running. This way they will only blindly follow the rule, not even knowing why they have to follow it. But that there are some really useful rules. For example 'No alcohol allowed'... He was the first one to deal with drunk Lan An. This rule is valid and should never be taken down. EVER! Soon, both of them were in a big and warm family hug. For Wei Ying it was one of the happiest things that ever happened to him. In the arms of Madam Lan, he felt like he was already part of their family. It was as if in that moment, all darkness in this world disappeared and he was left with smile on his face in the arms of his mother. He felt loved and protected. Which was hilarious because he was head taller than Madam Lan.

Meanwhile... In Qishan Wen Sect main hall a new man appeared in front of Sect leader Wen RuoHan. There was blood splashed on his face, hands and clothes. He was very handsome, tall and the power he was emitting was beyond normal. Where the blood was from wasn't really hard to guess, as there were dead bodies of the Wen Sect disciples behind him. Wen Quin was really happy her brother wasn't here, because she was sure he would be having nightmares from the sight of so much blood. The air was slowly turning red from so much blood and you could smell it from miles away. Not to mention the killing intent that man was radiating was... Frightening. No one expect for Wen RuoHan was able to move even muscle. Wen Chao and his whore were already kneeling and couldn't breathe well. Suddenly, Wen RuoHan spoke, in a voice so dark and full of fury no one had ever hear from him.

"Who do you think you are, coming here uninvited and killing my disciples? Yilling Patriarch - Wei WuXian?" His brown-red eyes pierced the man standing few metres before him with. Something was very off about him. While he looked almost exactly like Wei WuXian, his eyes weren't silver but light blue, almost white like ice. His hair was also shorter than Wen RuoHan remembered. He was pulled out of his thoughts when he barely avoided being sliced in half by a sword. But not the same sword he was expecting. Instead of black and gold, this sword was dark red and silver. Just what is the meaning of this?

"Now now now. I came here to make a deal with you. Not to cause problems. You were the ones who freed my beloved elder brother from Burial Mounds, right? While it's true we are very similar in looks, our personalities are completely different. I am not as weak as him. And I take it as an insult to be called by his name. Since it's first time we have met, I will forgive you. Just this once. Make sure you won't make the same mistake twice or I will personally end you, Sect Leader Wen RuoHan. I will only say it once so you all should remember well. My name is Wei Guo, courtesy Wei ZuiLai. Never mistake it for my brother's again. Now... Shall we make a deal?"
°
°
°
°
°
°
°
°
°
°
°
Wei Guo - to defend one's country
Wei ZuiLai - sin from an opposite direction