Story of the fallen one - part 4 ... 24

Turns out this beautiful stranger is named Lan WangJi - Lan Zhan. The second prince of the neighbor country and they are here to make a peace treaty.

They are supposed to stay here for one month. Maybe Wei Ying can by friends with them... And ask them to help him get his mother out of here.

And so, his plan began. He spent more and more time with this second prince. And without him realising to, they both started to fell in love. It was like they were meant for each other.

In that one month, Wei Ying learned all about Cloud Empire. All of it's rules, traditions and teachings. On the other hand he told Lan Zhan everything he knew about their Yilling Kingdom. And he used to be a crown prince. Of course he knew almost everything one needed to know to ascend to the throne. Including their military strategies... He really was naïve.

______________________________________

By the end of their stay here, Lan Zhan made a decision. This former crown prince really was interesting. And Lan Zhan always got what he wanted together with his brother.

That's why it didn't come as surprise, when both Wei Ying and his father agreed to the wedding.

Everything was according the plan Lan Zhan and Lan Huan had made.

Everything expect his heart, which was stolen somewhere along the way of getting to know Wei Ying.

But once Lan Zhan realised that his heart really belongs to this beautiful person, it will unfortunately be too late.

______________________________________

Wei Ying's wedding was just like his mother's. Everything was expensive and beautiful. Everything was in red and gold colours. There were his brother's, his sister's, even his father. Unfortunately his mother couldn't come to his wedding. He understands it. He really does. Once you are in Cold Palace you can't leave no matter what, unless emperor says different. But Wei Ying couldn't smile. He didn't feel happy. Don't get him wrong. He loved Lan Zhan with all his heart. But something... Something just didn't feel right. But no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't find out just what was wrong at this day.

______________________________________

Cangse Sanren knew, that her sweet little boy fell for that prince Lan Zhan. She met both of them together. They were looking at each other with so much love it almost hurt to see. But she also noticed that Lan Zhan still hadn't quite grasped what this feelings for her son were. But she knew it only takes time. And so, she gave them her yes.

With that, her son will be able to leave this horrible place. He won't ever have to meet with that sick brat Wei Guo.

And she no longer has anything keeping her going. She could finally end this suffering.

With peace in mind and smile on her face, she took the little knife which was hidden underneath her pillow since she came to this place. In one swift motion, on the night her son was getting married, she finally ended her life full of suffering. Because she knew and she prayed they her little moon will be okay and well cared for in the arms of Lan WangJi.

No one knew these same arms will be the ones, which will crush the fragile heart of little mortal moon.

All of this was only a show to get Yilling to trust them, so they could ruin them, after all... Right?

So why does Wei Ying's crying face bring so much pain to Lan Zhan's heart?