My Baoshan Sanren? 06

Wei Ying stayed in Cloud Recesses for another month after the... incident. The time he was in Cloud Recesses was very amusing for everyone, well... maybe expect QuingHeng-Jun. The reason is simple.

His newborn son hates him. On the contrast, he absolutely loves Wei Ying, a stranger. The ugly jealousy he felt when he first met this black robbed cultivator is back. Although, thanks to him his wife is alive and his marriage is once again (for the first time in history) a happy one he can't help it but be jealous.

And the worst part is that apparently, he is the only one who feels this way for his wife and first born son are always wearing that beautiful (sometimes annoying) smile on their faces.  No one seems to question the fact that Lan Zhan is always crying when Wei Ying isn't near him.

The only time he lets anyone else hold him without Wei Ying being right by his side and without crying is when he is being fed by his mother. But expect for that, no one can hold him without Wei Ying by his side. Absolutely no one! But why is he the only one who is angry (and sad at the same time) about this fact?

And what is worse, you don't even get to hold him when he is sleeping for his little Lan Zhan seems to have a natural instinct that tells him when someone is near to take him away from Wei Ying's arms. He immediately wakes up and starts crying. QuingHeng-Jun tried this once and he is still regreting it because after that, his little Lan Zhan wouldn't evan want to be with him in the same room. Again, he would start crying and snuggling closer to Wei Ying when he sees (senses) him.

This cold treatment from his son lasted for one WHOLE week. The most painful week in QuingHeng-Jun's life. He still can feel the tears in his eyes when he remembers these dark days. It is as if Lan Zhan was (and still is) saying: 'No mother, no father, no brother, no uncle! Only Wei Ying is worthy of holding me.'
And this fact frustrates QuingHeng-Jun.

But Wei Ying is more than happy to hold Lan Zhan in his arms. Of course he is. His new son is just too adorable. Even his own brother, Lan Qiren loves him even though Lan Zhan is probably the loudest child Cloud Recesses ever had.

_____________•°•°•______________

The first week after Wei Ying left, because he had some urgent business, was a living hell. Lan Zhan just wouldn't settle down. He would still have tears in his eyes, but at least he isn't crying anymore.

Well... He is but not as loud as before, so no whole Cloud Recesses can hear him. But still loud enough to make the people in the room deaf for hours.

Fortunately, on the second week it seems he came to conclusion that his Xian-gege isn't coming back anytime soon. He stopped crying and everyone got their oh so long wanted sleep.

_____________•°•°•______________

Meanwhile, Wei Ying was still on his journey. When he was in Cloud Recesses, he heard of an immortal cultivator who is living secluded life in the Celestial Mountain. Her name is Baoshan Sanren.

He can only hope this is the same girl he once raised as his own daughter. Who else better explain things to him than his own daughter? He can't wait to see her. To ask her how she reached immortality. If she is now the same as him or.... No. That is not possible. They made it clear he is and forever be will the only one in this world with this bloody curse called immortality.

Immortality isn't gift from the heavens like everybody think. It is a curse. You can do nothing but watch as everything and everyone you loved and knew are fading away into nothingness. He loved, and he lost. And all he wish for now, is the sweet old death. The eternal sleep. Not to be disturbed.

Yet he can't have even that. He can not die. All he can do is continue living (if you can call it that) and roaming this earth. As if it wasn't enough, the heavens seems to really dispise him for he could tell. How could he not?

They once again gave him the man he loved the most back. The only one who shoved him kindness like his mother did when he was still mortal. When he was young and naïve... Only for him to watch (now named) Lan Zhan grow up, find the one he 'love' and grow old with her and die. Once again, all this in front of his eyes while he could do nothing but smile and assure him, he is all right.

Like he did back then, when Lan An found his loved one. He wanted to be happy for him. He really did. He tried with his heart not to break at that moment. But he could not feel anything else but sorrow, his heart full of hatred and filled with dread. For he was once again left alone. All alone in this cruel world.

The last straw was when he found out about that bi---woman being pregnant with Lan An's child. That was also the year, when he sealed the Burial Mounds for the second time. This time though, it required him as the final sacrifice. He didn't mind back then. There was nothing left for him in this world anyway when the only one he loved left him alone.

At that time only Baoshan Sanren knew... She was the only one who knew about his hidden love. And deep down he thinks... he knows... that she knew even about that... about what he did when he was mortal. About the sin that he can never atone from. About his curse of immortality.

But he stubbornly rejects this idea. There was no one expect for him who can read the runes that the humans used when he was still mortal. No one but him and he did not teach his mother language to anyone. There can not be anyone but him. Because if there was... than that means she really knew about everything... And that would mean the end of their friendship. For if anyone were to know about that... Who would accept him?

The only left hope in him is that if she really did know, why didn't she turned her back on him? He can't help but be a bit anxious about this meeting. And what is worse... When he looks around him, he sees that he is already standing at the base of the Celestial Mountain. This is where he taught his kids how to properly cultivate their own golden cores. Good and sweet old times...