What the...? 12

It was nice and sunny day, the clouds nowhere to be seen. On this beautiful day, the guest disciples were already in Orchid room and listening to the teachings of teacher Lan Qiren. No one dared to utter a single word... of course expect for Wen Chao... But if you don't want a war with Wen Sect, you will stay silent. Lan Qiren knew this all too well. So did the disciples. But that doesn't mean they are absolutely okey with it.

For example, certain YunMengJiang Sect heir was having a really hard time trying to control his anger. You can thank his mother's genes for that.

In these situations, Jiang Cheng really wished he would have (at least a really teeny-tiny bit of) that divine patience his sister and father were blessed with.

Fortunately, none of the present had to put up with that Wen Dog any longer. Wei Ying came into the class, as if he owns the world yet no one seems to mind. Wen Chao went silent almost instantly. He is now sitting there, sweating and looking scared as if he was a child who was waiting for his parents to scold him for something he did although he knew he shouldn't have done.

'Interesting.... this is new.' Everyone thought looking at the scene, expect for the Wen Disciples. They already experienced their own shocked state the first day when they came to the Cloud Recesses. Wen Qing couldn't help the smile on her face. You could see the happiness radiating form her. Literally. The aura of divine sunshine and blooming flowers was overwhelming. Jiang Cheng almost smiled too. Almost. But everyone could see how the scorn from his face disappeared. Same with teacher Lan Qiren.

"Wei WuXian. What brings you here?"

"Wei WuXian greets teacher Lan Qiren. I was sent here by Sect Leader Lan to deliver this massage to you." Wei Ying said as he pulled out a letter and handed it to Lan Qiren.

After carefully reading the letter Lan Qiren announced.
"Today's class is dismissed."
He stood up and left. Well that was.... Unexpected. But who are they to complain? They have a day off after all.... All the disciples left the room all faces with grateful expressions directed to Wei WuXian.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

The message was delivered to everyone in Cloud Recesses that Lan Qiren has left for urgent business the very next day. That means one week free from classes. Nie HuaiSang almost fainted from the bliss he was experiencing. Who would have thought he was such a lucky person? Not only he has free-week, Wei-qianbei is here! He can ask that superhuman to help him with his studies. Maybe, he can finally pass this year and never return here again. [Good luck with that, HuaiSang!👊]

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

As for Wei Ying... He has been staring at the wall of discipline at the entrance of the Cloud Recesses for an hour right now. It almost looks like he was looking at something behind it. Something that is no longer here and he is searching for it. At least that is what it looks like for Lan Zhan and Lan Huan.

"Wei Ying has been acting strange these days, hasn't he?

"Mn."

"Are you perhaps worried, Didi?" Said Lan XiChen with almost uncharacteristic smirk across his face. Well... Uncharacteristic only for those who don't know him. So... For anyone expect for Wei Ying, Lan Zhan and their mother and father. Really. He is not such a saint as everyone is saying.

"Mn."

"Wait, really? You just accept it? You don't try to rebut it?"

"No, why? Brother is right. He is also worried."

"Well that is true but I thought you would be more defensive about this matter. Like you were before."

"I was young and didn't know better."

"You are saying it like you are 60 years old right now. It was literally 2 years ago when you almost killed me for saying that you like Wei Ying."

"Don't like."

"No?"

"No."

"Than love?"

"Yes."

"My little brother is growing so fast..."
Thought Lan XiChen .

"What the hell are you doing spying my future son-in-law?"

"Aaaaaa!"

Across the Cloud Recesses could be heard a high-pitched scream of Lan XiChen. Lan Zhan almost had an heart attack thanks to his crazy mother. Wei Ying could just stare at them, finally woken up from his day-dream completely lost about what just happened. Madam Lan was dying from laughter once she saw their faces and reactions.