Barrier around them... 15

You can't blame Lan Qiren and QuingHeng-Jun for being in a bad mood. They just got the message saying, that Wen disciples are to return to the Quishan immediately. That alone would be a really good and enjoyable news. If only not for the news, that Wei Ying is once again leaving the sect to find the treasure on the end of the rainbow...  No one knows where he keeps disappearing. They tried to ask him. They really did. Not only once. But he never answered. This time they asked him as well. But this time his answer was different. Normally he would just tease them, say something ridiculous with that shiny smile of his and the next moment, he was gone. This time though, they were all sitting together with Wei Ying and Madam Lan, enjoying their tea, when Wei Ying said he is leaving (again). They asked where to (well... Madam Lan did). But this time there was no ridiculous story about finding unicorns, fighting dragons or anything like that. This time... He told them where he was going. He smiled and said: "To the Burial Mounds."

They were terrified. They were scared something would happen to their future son-in-law. They tried to pressure him not to go there. That god-forsaken place full of resentful energy. Full of sorrow and despair. There was a barrier for a reason there. The immortal one put the barrier there to keep the creatures of the dark of of this world. Why on Earth would Wei Ying go there? What is there to see? They asked. And they were left with no answer.

No matter how much they tried Wei Ying wouldn't give them an answer. He wouldn't back off. He is going to the Burial Mounds. And that's final. That's also why they are so worried. Who knows what is awaiting there.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

The disciples were pleasantly surprised when they learned that the Wens are  leaving. They were ready to start celebrating. Expect just as they were happy a moment ago - something just had to ruin the happy and excited mood - they were miserable now. Right after the news about the Wens came the news about their senior Wei. What on earth is going on that everybody is leaving?!

When the news about Wei Ying's departure came out of Lan Qiren's mouth, the air in the Orchid Room seemed to gradually decrease. Suddenly it was very cold and not because of everyone's ruined mood but because of certain Second Young Master of the Lan Clan. Lan WangJi seemed even more scary and frightening right now. Even though his expressionless face did not change at all. No one knew what angered Lan WangJi this time. No one broke any rules, right?

But the look in Lan Zhan's eyes could be described as pure worry for the love of his life and not an anger. The disciples did not realise it, fortunately for Lan Zhan.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Wei Ying made his way to the Burial Mounds. What he came upon once he got there was something he did not expect. The barrier was completely gone. He knew it would disappear completely one day. But he did not think it would be this soon.

Guess he needs to start making a new one. This is one of the reasons why he did not want anyone going to this place as they please. Once the barrier is used, you can never use the same one again. The same barrier won't be able to trap the resentful ghosts and spirits again. So right now... He has to come up with completely new barrier. Once again... How many of them did he already did? He is really getting tired of this. (Kidding. He was tired long time ago. But gods seems like they doesn't want to give him any rest.)

So to work we go. We have a barrier to make before these monsters realise that they are actually free to roam this world once again. And that certain person (if you can still call him that) with them. Wei Ying is more than sure he never wants to see his face again. And so he will do this world a favour by not letting him out to taint anyone's heart again.