Beautiful sadness 07

Note:
I am really really really sorry for the long wait. School and exams are killing me.... 😩 I hope you will forgive me and enjoy this chapter as much as you can. ❤️❤️
°
°
°
°
°
°
°
Wei Ying made his way up to the top of Celestial Mountain. Who would have thought that he would meet a young boy around 10 years sitting in front of a ancient temple? Definitely not him. And he definitely wasn't expecting for said boy to point a sword at his throat.

"Who are you. How did you get here?"

"There there, young lad. No need to point this dangerous thing at me, right? I bear no ill intentions. Haha..." If a look could kill, he would be dead. This boy is looking at him like he is ready to kill him anytime. And Wei Ying can't help it but feel the cold sweat on his back. For such a young lad, this youth is really serious.

"Answer my questions, intruder."

"That is so disrespectful. Didn't Baoshan Sanren teach you how you should act with your elders?" There was not anger in his voice. Only a teasing tone, which bewildered him.  This man has a short pointed at his throat and he is... laughting? Not only that he is not even a bit surprised or scared. He just... doesn't care... What... Who is he?
'I have never seen someone like this man...'

"Answer my questions!"

"Only if you put the sword aside." Wei Ying said, still with a smile on his face. The boy wasn't taught to kill living creatures. He only did this to scare this man away like every other did. Yet this man didn't even flinch when the tip of his sword touched his throat... The boy put his sword back in sheath.

"Name's Wei Ying. Courtesy WuXian. I'm here to find my daughter, Baoshan Sanren. As for how did I get here... I was the one who showed her this place. Of course I know how to get here."

"Liar, Baoshan Sanren doesn't have parents anymore."

"I only came back to life recently."

"What? Are you dump? How could I possibly believe in something so ridiculous?"

"But it is the truth. What else am I supposed to tell you?" This man is ridiculous. He can't sence any lies from him. That means he really is telling the truth... But how is that possible?

"Stop making fun of me."

"At least tell me your name."

"Why should I?"

"Because I already told you mine...?"

"... Xiao XingChen."

"Nice to meet you A-Chen. If you really don't believe me, why don't you go and ask Baoshan Sanren yourself is she knows me? I will wait here until you come back." After a minute of silence, where Xiao XingChen was pondering over the idea he finally said.

"Promise?"

"I promise I will wait here."

And with that said and the reasuring smile Wei Ying gave him, little Xiao XingChen left to find his master.

"Kids these days...." A fond smile found its way on Wei Ying's face.

_____________{°•°•π•°•°}______________

"Master Baoshan Sanren? May I talk to you?"

"Of course. What is it, A-Chen?"

"A man came... He claims to be your parent... And he said he was the one who showed you this place. He said he is named Wei Ying, courtesy WuXian."

"Does he..." There was a moment of hesitation in her voice. A pause as if she couldn't believe what she was hearing. And of course she couldn't believe it. The man who saved her, who raised her, who loved her as his own... He died in front of her eyes. There is no way he would be back! This has to be some kind of sick joke.

But she couldn't help the hope that was blooming in her chest and the tears that stated falling from her eyes. All the children started panicking. This is the first time they saw their master crying. The did not know what to do. And they were especially lost when she smiled. The smile they never saw on her. It was the smile of relief, of love but also of something precious she lost with the tears still streaming down her face.

"Does he have black hair?"

"Yes, master."

"A beautiful silver eyes like the brightest moon?"

"Yes."

"Does he look... When he smile, does he look happy or sad?"
At this, Xiao XingChen hasitated. He did not pay so much attention to the man. But now when he thinks about it... His smile really looked like he was smiling, even though he was suffering inside. What coul a person as beautiful as that man possibly hide behind such a sad eyes and forced smile?

"He... He looked sad. Sad, but beautiful nonethless."

All the disciples in the room let out a quiet gasp when they heard their master said in a whisper "Father...". The next thing they saw, was their master running out of the old building to the entrance of the mountain.