3.

I pulled up in the school's parking lot 5 minutes before our next class. Jess was definitely relieved after our conversation and I could tell that she was now looking forward to our 5th period. And it wasn't because she loved science, I was pretty damn sure about that. We were making our way through the crowded hallway, when I suddenly felt the need to check my bag.

"Shit.", I mumbled as I shuffled through its content.

"What?"

"I left my book in my locker.", I grunted, frustrated. "Go ahead and grab a seat for me, okay?"

"You sure? We can share mine if-"

"No, it's fine, really. I'll be there in a heartbeat.", I cut her off as I started sprinting towards my locker, trying my best to dodge whoever stood in my way. Once I got there, I nervously searched my pockets for the slip of paper on which I wrote the combination, but I couldn't find it anymore.

Goddamit! Okay Alex, think. You can do this.

1-9-6-..8? Nope.
1-9-6-..4? Nope.
1-9-6-..2? Obviously not.
Were the first three numbers even in the correct order? Fuck me.

The tardy bell went off and I was late, again.

1-9-6-..7? Oh, fuck it!

I punched my locker and desperately started to run towards my science class, hoping the new teacher would be fashionably late just as I was. To my luck, the door to the class was unbelievably still wide open, so don't judge me if I basically threw myself through it. But, as all good things must come to an end, so did my luck: by throwing myself through the doorway, I violently crashed into someone, causing the content of my bag to fall all over the place.

"Oh shit. Shit shit shit.", I whispered under my breath as I got on my knees and quickly gathered all my stuff. I soon realized that I didn't even bother to check on whoever I bumped into, so I got back on my feet and looked up.

That's when my eyes locked with the stranger's gaze, causing my heart to shift. Standing in front of me was possibly the most beautiful girl I've ever met: she had the most amazing grey eyes I have ever seen. The features of her face were defined but at the same time softened by her long and wavy black hair that fell gently on her shoulders. And her lips: they were full and perfect, and covered with a sexy red lipstick. Even from where I was standing it was possible to see how soft and kissable they were.

Oh get a grip on yourself, Alex!

I looked at her from head to toes, taking in her outfit: she was wearing a sleeveless white blouse tucked into a skinny black skirt that hugged her curves in all the right places and ended right before her knees, all completed by a pair of black and white stilettos.

Who in hell comes to school dressed as they were going to a fashion show?!

I realized I spent the last 30 seconds just checking this girl out, so I snapped out of my trance and spoke. Or at least, I tried.

"Uhm. Sorry. I'm sorry. Are-.. are you okay?", I mumbled as I tried to catch my breath and compose myself.

"I'm okay.", she chuckled as she handed me my headphones, a curious look on her face.

"Good. Again, I'm really really sorry, I didn't want to be late so I-", I trailed off as I looked around the classroom and noticed the teacher's desk was empty. "The teacher hasn't arrived yet?", I frowned as I turned back to face her.

"That would be me, actually.", she replied, raising an eyebrow and eyeing me suspiciously, her smirk never leaving her lips.

"Yeah, right!", I scoffed, letting out a nervous giggle. As if.