65.

"I'm gonna need you to lose the attitude by the time I pick you up."

It's been several months since Ashley and I got back together, and apart from a few pointless arguments every now and then, things between us were pretty great to say the least. Despite me going back to work a month after the incident, we basically spent the summer running off to her beach house every time we got the chance. She also started looking for her own place lately, but being her picky usual self, nothing about the houses she saw seemed to really sell it for her.

Anyway, it was now the start of the school year and I was dropping Ashley off.

"I'm gonna ignore you.", she huffed, gathering her stuff and making sure she had everything she needed.

"How are you ignoring me if you're talking to me?", I cocked an eyebrow, amused out of my mind by how annoyed she was with me.

"Be good at school, yeah?", she stated as she turned in her seat and flashed a cheeky grin towards Shay.

Being greeted by a sleepy nod, Ashley shifted her gaze to me, a blatant roll of the eyes at the amused smile coming her way. Without uttering a word, she motioned to get out of the car and away from my annoying ass, but she didn't take into account that I wasn't gonna leave without a kiss, hence why I pulled her back in.

"Not so fast.", I smirked, cupping her face and brushing my lips against hers.

"I hate you."

"No you don't.", I chuckled, earning a big fat sigh in response.

"Fuck you.", she barely whispered against my lips.

"Maybe tonight, if you don't get on my nerves any further."

"Ugh, I'm so done with you.", she eventually laughed out loud, giving into the kiss and pecking my lips several times before climbing out of the car and popping her head through the window. "If Shay gets to school late on her first day, I'm gonna kick your booty."

Why is it that everyone wants to kick my ass? Meh.

"Roger that.", I winked, putting my car into gear as she took a step back. "You're gonna be great baby, I love you."

And she subtly showed me the middle finger before turning on her heels and walk away, failing miserably at hiding the shy smirk or the blush that crept on her face.

"How sweet of her.", I chuckled to myself as I drove off.

"Why is mommy mad at you?", Shay frowned, a toothy grin meeting my eyes in the rearview mirror.

"She's not mad at me sweetie. She's just nervous because it's her first day back at work.. and maybe she's a little annoyed with me cause I finished all the hot water this morning, but I'd be guessing."

"Did you do it on purpose?"

"Can you keep a secret?", I inquired, already knowing the answer.

"Nope."

"And that's exactly why I'm not going to answer that.", I stuck my tongue out at her, earning a playful giggle as I pulled up in front of her school. "Remember, Chase is going to pick you up today, okay baby?"

"Okay Alex."

After dropping Shay off, I was more than ready to go home and get some rest. Having pulled yet another night shift, I think it was safe to say I was pretty much exhausted, so I needed to get as much sleep as I could get before picking up Ashley and go see the umpteenth house she laid her eyes on later in the afternoon.

Parking in front of my house, I lazily made my way inside and up to my bedroom, plunging on it as soon as it came into view, a not-so-hyper Sparky hot on my heels. After awkwardly taking off my clothes in the attempt not to stand back up, I pulled my fluffy bundle of joy closer to me, nuzzling my face into his fur as I closed my eyes.