16.

"I'm not sure about this.", Ashley admitted hesitantly while we stepped out of the car and walked towards my front door.

"It'll be fine.", I reassured her, giving her hand a little squeeze. "Just wait a second here okay? I'll be right back, I'll just go put the little guy in the basement for now."

She nodded, giving me a weak smile before I bolted to the backyard and into my basement, and then back again. I gave her another reassuring smile while grabbing her bag from her grip and opening the front door, motioning for her to get the hell inside already.

"I'm home!", I shamelessly shouted as we stepped into the living room and I dropped Ashley's bag to a side. Not hearing any responses, I frowned. "Is-"

"Soooo...", Jess's  excited voice echoed from the kitchen. "Did the little Christmas miracle happen yet?!"

"What do you mean?", I asked in confusion as we approached the kitchen ourselves.

"Did you finally have sex with-", she froze in her spot as she turned the kitchen corner and faced us.

I was more than sure that my face was on fucking fire, but hers? She went paler than a ghost.

"Holy pretzels.", she mumbled, her jaw almost hitting the floor as she found herself speechless.

I couldn't help but facepalm myself. Not only she was making a total fool out of herself, but she also basically admitted to knowing what was going on between Ashley and I, something that I didn't mention to her yet. I honestly didn't know what to do with myself right now. She's gonna be so pissed at me that-

"Watch yourself, you might catch flies.", Ashley chuckled at Jess, taking me by surprise and snapping me out of my mental rambling. "And as a matter of fact, no christmas miracle Jessica."

"I'm so sorry, I-"

"Ashley, as you might have probably noticed, Jess knows about-"

"Again, holy pretzels! She didn't know that I knew?! Alex!!", Jess squealed, this time in fear, her eyes flickering between the two of us.

"It's okay, you two..", Ashley reassured us with a soft and amused smile. "Yes, Alex did forget to mention it to me, but honestly I don't mind you knowing. As long as this is kept between us, that is.."

"O-Of course, Miss Stevens.", Jess mumbled, her figure getting smaller and smaller under my glare.

'Seriously?! What is wrong with you?!', I mouthed at her with a menacing face.

"You can call me Ashley since we're not in school.", Ashley chuckled, making her way further into the kitchen, leaving me and Jess standing there, just staring at each other.

"I'm so gonna kill you one day.", I hissed under my breath.

"Oh I'm sorry, you kind of forgot to mention that our teacher was attending Christmas dinner, Alex.", Jess retorted, still slightly in shock.

"I wasn't planning any of it!", I mumbled before trying my best to relax since Ashley really didn't seem that bothered. "What's with the pretzels anyways?!"

"I don't know!", Jess chuckled softly. "I panicked, okay?! I couldn't just go off swearing in front of my freakin' teacher!"

"Oh but you could ask me if we had sex huh?!", I punched her in the arm as I finally decided to follow Ashley in the kitchen. "Shit! Please tell me that my Grandma didn't hear any of this?!", I then asked Jess, panic written all over my face.

"Don't worry.", Jess gave me a reassuring smile. "Your Grandma and the boys went out for a last minute grocery shopping."

"Are you serious?! There's food for like 30-"