54.

-So this chapter is definitely longer than the previous ones. I tried to split it up in two chapters but it just wasn't working for me so yeah, here it is :P Hope y'all are staying safe x

ALEX'S POV

Shutting the door behind me, I immediately felt guilty for lying to my best friend's face as I approached my car.

I paid the bills yesterday before my shift at the bar whereas the groceries? Well, I was fairly confident it wouldn't take her too long to open the fridge and figure out we were more than okay on that front.

Truth is, I owed my dealer a couple of hundred bucks and I gave him my word I'd stop by his house today in order to pay him off. In the back of my head though, I knew that going there would've most likely ended with me partying with him and all the other scumbags that usually hanged out at his place.

My suspicions were proven when I pulled up in front of his house. I didn't even have to exit my car to hear the music blasting and people shouting to the top of their lungs, a few of them sitting out front smoking cigarettes, or weed, or heroine..

I once again felt like shit. I didn't like these people, I didn't like this environment, I didn't like what I was doing, lying to my best friend in order to sneak out and come here without being questioned.. And what I most despised was the tiny voice in my head repeatedly telling me I was slowly becoming what I hated with every fiber of my being: my mother.

I felt a knife stabbing me in the chest at the thought, my brothers' disappointed and disgusted looks on their faces burning holes into my soul.

Fighting back the tears, I climbed out of the car and promised myself I'd be out of there in a heartbeat.

"Hey hottie-"

"Still gay, Markus."

"It was worth the try.", the guy with a pink mohawk sitting on the porch shrugged, basically drooling all over me as his eyes took me in. "And it's Devon, by the way."

"Close enough.", I smirked, getting past him and in the house.

I scrunched my nose as the strong odor of alcohol and any type of drug being smoked filled my nostrils. Scanning the place, all I could see were people high as kites, some of them already passed out on the couch or the floor, others still going at it without a care in the world. Eager to leave and wondering how I even got into this mess in the first place, I went room by room to find Sasha, my dealer.

Not having much luck, I was about to walk upstairs when an arm wrapped around my shoulders, startling me and pulling me into him.

"A chick of her word, ain't ya?", Sasha chuckled as he absentmindedly guided me back towards the living room.

Sasha was a tall build-up guy in his thirties, tattoos covering every inch of his body with the exception of his face. Most people would go out of their way not to cross paths with him because of his scary appearance, but he honestly was a really calm and understanding person as far as I knew. That didn't mean I wanted to find out what getting on his bad side meant though, cause nope.

"It appears so.", I breathed out, smiling at him and handing him his money. "It should be all of it, but you should count it just to make s-"

"Nah, I'm good.", he replied with a cheeky grin, stuffing the cash into his pockets. "Ready to party now?!"

"Huh? I er- I actually have some stuff to do.", I trailed off, shaking my head at him with a smirk. "So, I'll pass for today."

"What, already flaking on us Stella?", he teased, earning a puzzled look on my part for a brief second.