29.

ASHLEY'S POV

Alex and I we're heading back to the hotel in order to meet up with Jess and my sister and go grab some dinner. Hand in hand, we were walking in comfortable silence while my mind was running wild.

The fact that Alex told me that she was starting to have really strong feelings for me came out of the blue and I was beyond surprised by it all. What bothered me though was that I couldn't bring myself to tell her the same thing.

I've been having feelings for her for quite some time now, and I couldn't understand what made me hold back. I've always thought that I would have been the one to eventually admit my feelings first, yet she beat me to it.

Part of me was struggling with the idea that she just told me that because of the overwhelming conversation we were having, and that she got caught up in the rush of emotions she was feeling, but I could tell she was being completely honest with me, hence why I kind of freaked out. I was speechless, but happy nonetheless, and I wish now that I had the guts to-

"Ash?", Alex's voice snapped me out of my mental rambling, causing me to take in my surroundings just to see that we were already in the hotel lobby. "You okay?"

"Uh, yes baby.", I mumbled, flashing her what I hope looked like a convincing smile.

"Right.", she chuckled softly, frowning in amusement.

She definitely didn't buy it.

"Uhm.. Jess is meeting me downstairs. Sky is panicking over what to wear, you think you can go help with that?"

"Sure.", I immediately gave in, the urge to get some advice from my sister was very persistent right now. "I'll go deal with her, and I'll probably change myself too.", I giggled nervously, leaning forward to peck her on her lips before motioning towards the elevator.

"She's in room 316. Don't take too long, I'm starving!", Alex called behind me, causing me to shake my head in amusement.

I rushed up to Sky's room as I started to feel really nervous and emotional at the same time now that Alex wasn't with me. I cursed under my breath at my own stupidity as I pounded on her door.

"Thank god you're here to help!", Sky groaned, pulling me into her room, pieces of clothing scattered everywhere.

"Jesus, what happened in here?!", I frowned, slightly disgusted by the mess surrounding me.

"I have nothing to wear!", she whined, plunging on the bed.

"Sure thing, Sky.", I laughed dryly while looking around nervously.

"What's up with you?", Sky questioned, suddenly aware of my weird mood.

"Put this on.", I mumbled, picking up a dark blue dress and tossing it to her before starting pacing around her room.

"Ashley, what's wrong?"

"Alex told me she has feelings for me.", I blurted before my brain could even process what I was saying, my body eventually coming to an halt and locking gaze with my sister.

"I mean..", she shrugged with a quizzical look. "That's good, isn't it?"

It was, it really was.

"What did you say?", she eventually asked due to my lack of response.

"Nothing..", I mumbled nervously, taking a seat on the edge of the bed and burying my face in my hands. "I just kissed her and said nothing Sky. I'm such an idiot."

"No you're not.", she retorted, sitting next to me and nudging me playfully. "It's not like you had to say it back if that's not the way you feel Ashley. I mean-"