6.

After my shift at the bar I went straight home to catch some sleep. Jess was still awake, making sure that I got home safe and sound. I considered telling her about Ashley, but I wasn't really in a talkative mood to be honest, and thankfully she took the hint and decided not to push me. Since I smelled like cigarettes and alcohol, I decided to take a quick shower before going to bed. But when I got there, my mind wasn't really agreeing with my physical need of sleep.

I couldn't take my mind off of Ashley and the way she looked at me, nor I could take my mind off of how I felt when I saw her with that girl. The thought that she might be with her in bed in this very moment made me want to punch someone in the face, preferably that very bitch.

This woman is managing to drive me insane without even talking to me! Why do I even bother so much? She clearly doesn't give a shit. And do I? No, I don't. I can't.

I tossed in my bed several times, not managing to fall asleep. I also considered for a brief moment to text that girl, Jamie, but I soon realized that it was almost 6 in the morning, so I did the only logical thing that I could think of in order to finally sleep: I rolled myself a spliff, smoked it, downed three shots of vodka and topped it all by shotgunning a beer. It wasn't the smartest idea, but hey, it worked.

------

I woke up to the sound of music blasting from the living room. I groaned in frustration as I rolled over my bed and grabbed my phone, just to realize it was 4 in the afternoon.

Have I really just slept for 10 hours?

I lazily stood up from my bed and made my way downstairs. What I saw down there made me pinch myself to make sure that I was actually awake, as I never thought, in a thousand years, to see my two little brothers and Jess... cleaning? Matt and Chase wouldn't even bother to clean after themselves, how the hell did Jess get them to clean the living room and make it seem like a lot of fun?!

Maybe I'm still high. Cause there's no way I'm actually seeing this.

"What are you guys doing?", I asked dumbfounded, probably not loud enough since none of them realized I was even in the room. I repeated myself, this time shouting over the music with an amused look on my face, eventually grabbing their attention.

"Oh, look who came back from the dead.", Jess teased me, turning off the vacuum cleaner and nudging Matt in his side as she passed by him and made her way towards me.

"What does it look like, sis?", he smirked, going back to rubbing an old wine stain from off the carpet after shamelessly checking out Jess's ass as she walked away.

"I like cleaning!", Chase screamed as he frantically ran around with a broom, causing me to laugh out loud.

"How the hell did you get them to clean?", I whispered under my breath as Jess followed me into the kitchen.

"I just asked.", she shrugged, clearly oblivious to the fact that I've tried to get them to do that for the past year, never succeeding once.

"You just asked. Wow.", I scoffed in shock, pouring myself a cup of coffee and taking a seat at the table next to her.

"So, How was work last night?"

And there she was. I knew she noticed I was pissed when I got back from my shift, but I was honestly hoping that she wouldn't bring it up again. Clearly, I was wrong.

"It was okay.. I met a girl from our school.", I bluntly stated, taking a sip of coffee and glancing at her, who was silently waiting for me to continue. "Her name's Jamie, she's in our Spanish class."