70.

ALEX'S POV

I huffed, bringing my phone to my ear for the umpteenth time as I patiently waited for Ash to pick up her phone.

"Hey baby."

"Hey..", she replied in a low groggy voice, a big ass yawn coming my way shortly after. "What day is it?"

"Huh?", I snorted, releasing a weak chuckle. "Are you okay?"

"Sort of.", she sighed. "Why are you calling me at 6 in the morning though? Shouldn't you be on your way home by now?"

"Yeah well, Tasha and I are actually in the hospital.."

"You're an EMT, so that's quite understandable.. still missing the point as to why you woke my sorry ass-"

"Err-.. I don't want you to freak out but we're the patients this time around-"

"What?!", she half shouted as I heard her frantically shuffle around in bed. "What happened? Are you okay? Which hospital are you- shit!"

I cocked an eyebrow at the sudden thump followed by absolutely nothing.

"Ash? Wh-"

"I tripped, sorry.", she mumbled, causing me to start laughing at her. "Shut the fuck up Alex, tell me where you are."

"Baby there's no need for you to freak out and rush here, I'm okay, I just-"

"Text me the fucking hospital."

And with that, she hung up on me. Sighing, I turned my head in Tasha's direction, a pissed off yet amused look coming my way as I quickly texted Ashley.

"I can't believe I'm gonna have a black eye on your wedding day.", she groaned, holding an ice pack against her face.

"Yeah, tell me about it.. How bad is it?"

"Bad.", she deadpanned, a cheeky grin on her lips as I released a defeated sigh.

"Shit. Ashley's gonna kill me, not to mention it hurts like a motherfucker.", I gritted under my breath, regretting even going to work in the first place.

"You're lucky it's not broken and that you'll only need a few stitches Alex. That guy got you good."

"I was there, remember?", I teased, a playful smirk plastered on my face as Tasha weakly chuckled.

A comfortable silence fell between us, the both of us tired out of our minds and lost in our own thoughts. Honestly? I was dreading Ashley's reaction to the state of my face, but then again, I was doing my job so..

What I really wanted to know is what happened last night between her and my Grandma, cause Ashley never texted me while I was at work, so it didn't take a genius to figure out that something indeed went down.

I closed my eyes, sinking further into my pillow as I patiently waited for the nurse to actually give a fuck about me. But that didn't last too long.

"What on earth happened to your face?!", Ashley grunted as she barged into the room and stood in front of my bed, angry yet deeply relieved eyes meeting my gaze.

"What the fuck are you wearing?", I laughed out loud, dodging her question as I took her outfit in, Tasha's silent giggle causing Ashley to roll her eyes and go red in embarrassment.

Her messy hair was tied up into the most hideous bun I've ever seen, she looked tired as hell and judging by the oversized basketball shorts and a white 'I'm a pimp' t-shirt she was wearing, I was pretty sure she raided Matt's closet.