5.

"Okay, you seriously need to calm down Alex.", Jess addressed me, glaring at me from the mirror as she adjusted her makeup in the school's bathroom.

"What now? Sorry, I can't hear you while I am trying to crack my skull open.", I retorted, going back to banging my head against the door of one of the stalls.

"I said that you need to calm down.", she rolled her eyes and repeated herself, a little louder this time even though she knew I heard her loud and clear the first time.

"Never in the history of 'calm down' has anyone calmed down by being told to 'calm down', Jess.", I hissed at her, finally resting my aching forehead against the door.

"True.", she chuckled in amusement. "Ready to go?", she asked me after she gathered her stuff and turned around to face me.

"Ugh.", I mumbled in resignation, dragging my body past her and making my way into the crowded hallway.

Unlike yesterday, today went by in a heartbeat. Of course it did, since I was practically shitting myself for 5th period. It was weird, for me to feel like this: I was never really scared of anything, mainly because most of the times I didn't care. I couldn't help it, I was wired this way you know? I was kind of broken, in that sense.. it wasn't that I was selfish or self-absorbed, mind me. But certain events and dynamics throughout my life brought me to build these gigantic walls all around me, and it was almost impossible for me to let people in. Let alone feelings. Yet, the closer I got to my science class, the more nervous I felt. Truth to be told? I was actually afraid that she would confront me about what happened. And I had no fucking clue what I would say or do in that case.

Thankfully, today she wasn't standing at the door greeting her students, which gave me more or less 30 seconds to release a long breath that I didn't even realize I was holding, and pull myself together, brushing my sweaty palms on my jeans.

"Breathe, moron.", Jess whispered in my ear as she gave my hand a little squeeze and entered the class. I followed her hot in her heels, holding my head up high trying to fake what I hoped looked like little confidence, which I was definitely lacking right now but who cares. I had to at least try.

I walked up to my desk, never glancing once towards the teacher's desk until I sat down, took my textbook and notes out of my bag and eventually looking up.

I was greeted by piercing grey eyes deeply staring right back at me, and saying that I suddenly felt really small was an understatement. I couldn't read her though. I couldn't tell if she was mad at me, or disappointed, or desiring, or upset, or whatsoever. The fact that there wasn't even the hint of a smile on her lips was probably enough evidence for me to see that she was, in fact, pissed. But the intensity of that gaze both really turned me on and made me want to run as far away as possible at the same time. And I can't believe I just thought that.

I shook that thought away as I broke the eye contact. She was really making me uncomfortable, but I guess stupid me was the only one to blame in this case. I looked down at my book, feeling her eyes on me as I found myself suddenly interested in reading about whatever it was that I was allegedly reading.

God, I'm an idiot and I'm so going to fail this stupid class. I didn't think it was possible, but my hate towards science just got to a whole new level.

She didn't glance at me not even once, and I found myself actually following throughout the lecture. Don't get me wrong, I was bored to death, but I didn't want to piss her off even more by being distracted and it wasn't like I was seriously paying attention to what she was saying. In fact, I was just paying attention to her. What a surprise. When she wasn't looking towards the class, I allowed my eyes to linger on her beautiful figure, which never seized to mesmerize me.