30.

To my usual luck, things got weird.

Fact is, I was the one being weird while Ashley acted like nothing even happened, which for some fucked up reason it bothered me even more. I mean, part of me was relieved that she wasn't acting weird around me, but at the same time I couldn't understand what was going through her head, if something was even going on at all.

This shit is so confusing.

So yeah, I was in a mood and I was having a really tough time to keep it to myself. Needless to say that dinner had its awkward moments, with me not really being able to get involved in conversation. Thanks fuck for Jess that kept the attention away from me each and every time. This girl deserved a statue.

"So, Sky and I were hoping to hit a club later.", Jess stated, bringing my focus back to our table.

"Is that why you two are dressed like you're going to Paris for fashion week?", I questioned dryly, playing with what was left of my dinner, my appetite long gone before we even got here.

"Not really.", Sky shrugged, sharing a weird look with my best friend. "Are you guys coming?", she then asked, eyeing the both of us but mostly me.

I guess her and Ashley talked before coming here cause I could clearly see that she knew something was up with me.

"I mean, yeah. Whatever.", I deadpanned, pushing my dish to the side and sinking into my chair. "Even though a little heads up would have been appreciated, I'm not really dressed up for it."

I really wasn't in the mood but I didn't want to be a buzzkill either, especially not to Jess.

"I think your outfit's just fine Alex.", Ashley stated, causing me to look at her with a forced smile.

Has she even noticed that I was bothered? Of course she has, she barely looked at me let alone touched me. I had no clue how to go about this, and apparently she didn't either. After her lack of response earlier this afternoon, the lack of attention was killing me. But I guess I was to blame too at this point.

"Thanks."

We slowly stood up from our table and the three of us made our way outside while Ashley grabbed the check after insisting to pay for our dinner. As soon as we got outside, Sky got a call and distanced herself from us.

"Alex you've been awfully quiet.", Jess pointed out, placing herself in front of me.

"I know, I'm sorry. My mind's all over the place Jess."

"You're acting weird."

"I know..", I mumbled, looking down at my feet.

"Just talk to her babe."

"I should've kept my mouth shut.", I sighed, shaking my head and mentally laughing at how ironic this turned out to be.

"Hell no, Alex. You told her how you felt and there's nothing wrong with that, okay?", she whispered, grabbing my hand and squeezing it tightly. "You did the right thing. Just.. act like your normal self and try to enjoy the rest of the night. You'll talk to her as soon as we get back to our hotel, yeah?"

"I'll try babe.", I nodded, flashing her a small smile. "Thanks."

"Anytime."

We turned around just in time to see Sky and Ashley joining us. In the attempt to push all the negative thoughts to the back of my head, I snaked my arm around Ashley's slim waist and pulled her closer to me, no doubt catching her by surprise by the look on her face.

"You ready?", I asked, smirking at her.

"Sure.", she basically whispered with a funny smile before hesitantly leaning forward to place a kiss on my lips, closing the gap between us.