25.

ALEX POV

After tucking Chase into bed and walking Sparky, I found myself laying in bed just staring at the ceiling. Dean gave me the day off to look after my brother, oblivious to the fact that my Grandma was in town and that she could've taken care of him. But hey, I'm not complaining.

I decided to roll myself a joint and relax, turning on my computer in order to binge watch some Netflix when I got distracted by Ashley replying to my text.

Ashley 8.39pm
'Glad to hear that. As for your previous question, my day was shitty because you weren't there.'

Smiling like an idiot, I placed my halfway rolled joint on the nightstand next to my bed and stood, quickly scanning my room for some clothes. I wanted to go see her and just relax on her couch and talk in front of a glass of wine, cause yeah, I missed her too and I still felt kind of bad for leaving so suddenly last night after she opened up to me about her parents.

A quick thought crossed my mind as I slipped a sweater over my head: should I text her and tell her I'm coming over?

Meh, whatever, I was already kind of making it a habit of just showing up anyways.

I instantly shook away the idea and bounced down the stairs and into the kitchen.

"Going somewhere?", Jess mumbled from the dining table, a pencil between her lips as she never lifted her head from whatever she was doing.

"I'm going over to Ashley's.", I replied, opening the fridge and cracking open a beer before turning around to look at her.

"Of course you are.", she smirked, dropping her pencil and focusing on me. "Don't you like, have homework to do?"

"What?"

She laughed at the face I pulled before shaking her head in amusement.

"Seriously though-"

"I've done it today. Chase was taking a nap and I was bored as hell.", I cut her short, shrugging as I took a swig of beer. "Plus, my grades are good babe, you know that."

"Yeah..", she sighed, glancing at the books in front of her with a disappointed look. "I'm still having a hard time to get over that, but I'm glad you're doing fine. I, on the other hand, am so going to fail calculus."

"What do you mean?", I frowned, leaning against the counter.

"Seriously?", she scoffed in disbelief. "It's like a total different language for fuck's sake, they should invent a dictionary just for this shitty subject!"

"Come on, don't be so dramatic!", I chuckled, amused by the deathly glare she was now flashing me. "I can help you if you want."

"You're good at this bullshit?!"

I just shrugged, taking another sip of my beer.

"How can you be so smart yet so dumb at the same time?", she asked, her eyes wide in surprise.

"I'll take that as a compliment, I guess.", I teased weakly. "Seriously though, if you need help finishing your homework just say so. I'll see Ashley tomorrow, it's really no big deal.", I then stated, taking a few steps towards the table just to see what we were dealing with.

"No, it's okay.", she mumbled, closing her books before I could even take a look. "Go see your work in progress and have fun babe, I'm done with this crap anyways.", she then added, causing me to mentally slap her for calling Ashley that way. "But it would be great if you could tutor me sometimes."

"Sure, no problem Jess.", I smiled warmly at her, causing her to do the same before I leaned down and planted a kiss on her head. "Then I'm off to Ashley's, and stop calling her that!", I pointed a menacing finger at her before downing the rest of my beer and head out.