4

1874 Kings Avenue.

The massive house in the New York suburbs belongs to Mr. and Mrs. Murray, both attorneys for different well off finance firms, who are currently away on a three week vacation to Turks and Caicos because Mrs. Murray saw that's where the Kardashians vacation and she just had to go there.

Though only two people live there, the house consists of a plethora of rooms filled entirely of priceless items because the only way Mr. Murray knows how to show love is through material items, but that's beside the point. The point is, the house was dripping with money and I planned to ransack it.

How do I know all of this? My dad's Little Black Book, containing any and all information I would ever need for robbing residential areas.

Tonight is my first suburban raid, and I am overwhelmed with excitement.

The slightest part of me feels guilty for breaking my promise to Peter. The truth is, this is uncharted territory for me. I am relying 100% on Dad's research for my safety. But he's never let me down, which is why I'm at 1874 Kinds Avenue at 2 in the morning on a school night.

I'm dressed in my usual attire - tight black jumpsuit, matching black boots, and a small black mask covering the eye portion of my face.

The Murrays have an entirely high tech electronically locking and security system for their entire house, something they just had to have because the Murrays were the type of people who always have to have the top of the line, most up to date products in their lives. They thought high tech would mean they would be more secure. But they thought wrong.

I approach the back door, sticking my coding device in the security system and pressing the green button. Nearly instantly, the system unlocks with complete ease. This was one of Dad's signature gadgets that he left for me, and it worked perfectly every time. The only catch was that it did set off the silent alarm, which alerts high tech security system, who calls the police, who have a minimum 14-minute, most likely closer to 20, response time in this neighborhood.

The clock is ticking.

This isn't an issue for me. Get in, get out. It should only take me 15 minutes at most, and even then I can easily cut that down to 10.

I begin upstairs. The safe is really the only thing worth taking. The Murrays aren't that stupid. They're smart enough at least to know to lock up anything worth multimillions - the diamonds, I mean the good stuff.

Safes at places like this are 99% of the time in the master bedroom. There might be one in the bedroom, and one in the home office, but regardless there is almost always a safe in the bedroom and in it is almost always big, hunking diamonds.

But where in the master bedroom is it?

The room is absolutely massive, so I start with the most obvious place - the closet.

I step into the huge walk-in closet and go to what was clearly Mr. Murray's side. I push the suits hanging on the rack aside to reveal a whopping master safe.

Okay so maybe they're dumber than I was giving them credit for..

I start turning it very very slowly and carefully, my ear right against the lock. I recognize this style. My dad used to teach me how to crack locks, and this one was standard run-of-the-mill. It's easy to hear the click if you go slow enough and listen closely. Soon enough, I hear the first click - 5. I then turn it the opposite way and listen one more click - 19. Then I go towards the right again, waiting and listening and then click 11.